Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2% Battery Degradation in 1 Month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I charge based on my estimated usage pattern.

In my S(software limited 60) i charged 2-3 times a week to 100%.

In the 3, the range and efficiency has been ridiculous. I charge to 70% on Sunday and that is sufficient for my commute Monday-Friday. On Friday i charge to 90% and that is enough for my weekend excursions.

On travel weekends, I charge to 100% and go. Don't need to supercharge to my normal travel locations 250 miles away.

I have supercharged on one trip to Canada which was a 6 stop long weekend. Supercharged at 115kw, which was amazing. Left supercharger at what the GPS trip planner told me +15%

Overall much less charging than my S60D

I charge based on my estimated usage pattern.

In my S(software limited 60) i charged 2-3 times a week to 100%.

In the 3, the range and efficiency has been ridiculous. I charge to 70% on Sunday and that is sufficient for my commute Monday-Friday. On Friday i charge to 90% and that is enough for my weekend excursions.

On travel weekends, I charge to 100% and go. Don't need to supercharge to my normal travel locations 250 miles away.

I have supercharged on one trip to Canada which was a 6 stop long weekend. Supercharged at 115kw, which was amazing. Left supercharger at what the GPS trip planner told me +15%

Overall much less charging than my S60D
Wow. That's very good to hear. Seems like you're not rough on the battery but not babying it either. Still charging to 310 at ~7K miles.

We have had a 5% drop in battery range in our first 3 weeks We got our long range Model 3 in Sept. At that time our 80% battery charge was 279 miles. It dropped steadily and 3 week later it was down to 267 miles This was when fully charged to 80%. We charged to 80% every day on our home lvl 2 charger and drive to about 20% low charge. We have used a supercharger 2 times and the car has not been exposed to extreme temperatures. We are taking the car in to have the battery checked. I will update on what they find.

We have had a 5% drop in battery range in our first 3 weeks We got our long range Model 3 in Sept. At that time our 80% battery charge was 279 miles. It dropped steadily and 3 week later it was down to 267 miles This was when fully charged to 80%. We charged to 80% every day on our home lvl 2 charger and drive to about 20% low charge. We have used a supercharger 2 times and the car has not been exposed to extreme temperatures. We are taking the car in to have the battery checked. I will update on what they find.
I don't think it's possible that your 80% charge was 279 at delivery. However, that number would correspond exactly to the expected 90% charge.

279 / .9 = 310 miles

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Don't waste your or Tesla's time. As @MorrisonHiker said, it's not possible that your 80% charge was 279 miles. It is possible that you misread the battery charge arrow. Happens all the time. Not just 80 vs 90%, but when you think it's exactly on the line it could be just above or below it so it's not exactly 80 or 90%.

I don't think it's possible that your 80% charge was 279 at delivery. However, that number would correspond exactly to the expected 90% charge.

279 / .9 = 310 miles

I apologize. You are correct. We have been charging it at 90%. That’s what it came set st and we left it as my wife has a long drive too and from work. However, I don’t believe that changes the percent decrease as we haven’t altered the charge point from when we left the dealer.