Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Bucket Car Wash Method - Suggestions on Caring for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many know about this, however, just in case and for those interested, I came across a video showing the “2 Bucket Car Wash Method”. I am not endorsing the products, only the method, as I am getting ready for lots of washing!

That's one way, old school though..... Add ONR and a gallon or two of water to the picture below and we are washing. Reusing a dirty wash mitt should scare the hell out of everyone who cares about their cars finish. With this system the microfiber wash towel only touches the dirty surface ONE time ( 8 clean surfaces per towel ) and NEVER goes back in the clean solution bucket. The beauty of the rinse less system is you can wash in your garage (winter or summer) or anywhere you need to. Unexpected bird droppings or other contamination .....You can wash a single panel at a time even in the sun.

IMG_1217.jpg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_48c5.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_48c5.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 350z
That's one way, old school though..... Add ONR and a gallon or two of water to the picture below and we are washing. Reusing a dirty wash mitt should scare the hell out of everyone who cares about their cars finish. With this system the microfiber wash towel only touches the dirty surface ONE time ( 8 clean surfaces per towel ) and NEVER goes back in the clean solution bucket. The beauty of the rinse less system is you can wash in your garage (winter or summer) or anywhere you need to. Unexpected bird droppings or other contamination .....You can wash a single panel at a time even in the sun.

Now that's a clever technique and agree about reusing a dirty wash mitt should be avoided. The foam cannon process also has me curious.

Thanks for the advise!

View attachment 409510

Now that's a clever technique and agree about reusing a dirty wash mitt should be avoided. The foam cannon process also has me curious.

Thanks for the advise!

In good weather, I use a foam cannon, high volume pressure washer, 2-bucket wash with grit guards, multiple edgeless microfiber washmits, microfiber towels, a soft wheel brush, and boar hair detailing brushes. My favorite products are usually from Meguiars, Carpro, Autoglym, and Polish Angel.

In the winter, I take it to the touchless car wash at least every week or two when it’s not freezing. From time to time, I may use Sanzo waterless wash in my garage to spot clean bird droppings, tar, and bug splatter before they bake and cake onto the surfaces.

Reactions: 350z