TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2 chargers on 90AMP feed

Discussion in 'North America' started by JWinter, May 1, 2018.

1. JWinter

JWinter Member

So I have a 100 AMP panel that has a 90AMP energizing it. I have 1 Tesla Wall Charger with a 50 AMP breaker and set to #8 inside Tesla charger. I was going to add a NEMA 14-50 with a 50 AMP breaker in the same panel. So what will be wired to the panel are Tesla Wall Charger with a 50 AMP + NEMA 14-50 with a 50 AMP + GFCI with 20 AMP

Adding NEMA for non-tesla EVs...will panel/feed be enough to handle this?

2. cmaster

cmaster Member

So, with 90 amp you don't want anything down the chain to use more than 90*0.80 = 72 amps. I think it's ok if you are not using all the elements on the circuit simultaneously.

Might want to call the town inspector for advice.

3. JWinter

JWinter Member

makes sense thanks...