TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2 Continental ContiSportContact 5 ContiSilent

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by zeusalmighty, May 16, 2016.

1. zeusalmighty

zeusalmighty Member

I have 2 used Continentals with 7/32 tread left. These are the ContiSilent version with the foam inside, which makes for a quieter ride. No patches or plugs. Asking $450 shipped in the US obo.

Attached Files:

2. p85lover/owner

How about $250

3. zeusalmighty

zeusalmighty Member

That's a pretty hard low ball, especially with shipping being at least $40-70...

• Like x 1
  4. satoshi

satoshi Electrical Engineering Student

No it's not, and I'm not the guy who offered.

New, each tire costs around $400 so a total of $800 new + shipping.

Your own statement was that there is 7/32 tread left (not a whole lot of usability left it's less than 1/4, little more than 1/5)

7/32 = 0.21875

0.21875 * 800 = $175

I'd say the $250 offer is pretty generous if you asked me.

• Disagree x 1
  5. zeusalmighty

zeusalmighty Member

These tires have less then 3000 miles and come with 9/32 from the factory. Tesla recommends replacement at 3/32. So they still have at least 2/3 life left. Brand new 2 are $800 plus shipping and I'm asking $450 shipped obo.. Which realistically means I'd probably take around $350-$375 shipped based on location.

• Like x 1
  6. satoshi

satoshi Electrical Engineering Student

To be clear you mean 9/32" or 7/32" correct? Units would be helpful in establishing clear communication.

7. zeusalmighty

zeusalmighty Member

Brand new these tires have a tread depth of 9/32. The tires I'm selling are at 7/32. Recommend replacement is 3/32

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1