Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UPDATED] 2 die in Tesla crash - NHTSA reports driver seat occupied

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I can figure, the attached is where the crash occurred. If I have the location right, you've got maybe 120 feet to accelerate from the end of the cul-de-sac and gain enough speed for the crash to be as violent as it appeared. This is starting to look like a classic "WATCH THIS!".

Mike
can't imagine the cost of Tesla solar roof panels on those houses...

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
As far as I can figure, the attached is where the crash occurred. If I have the location right, you've got maybe 120 feet to accelerate from the end of the cul-de-sac and gain enough speed for the crash to be as violent as it appeared. This is starting to look like a classic "WATCH THIS!".

Mike

Yes that's where it occurred.

I'd like all who proposed that these guys pulled some kind of set AP and hop out of the driver's seat to explain how ANYONE let alone a 60 year old, would have enough time to get out of the front seat on that street.

Reactions: MikeyC
Yes that's where it occurred.

I'd like all who proposed that these guys pulled some kind of set AP and hop out of the driver's seat to explain how ANYONE let alone a 60 year old, would have enough time to get out of the front seat on that street.

Exactly. I thought of that too. Don't forget you have enough time to do that and also get the car up to a dangerous speed. All in 120 feet!

Mike

Reactions: Needsdecaf
56f2rm.jpg

Maybe the driver got raptured?

The car exited the roadway. It's not going to brake for trees just in case the car exits the roadway. It may have been braking off the roadway before it hit the trees, but that would be on soil. Obviously there was a high rate of speed here. I think the hypothesis that the occupants were conscious and trapped in the car is a good one. I'm only vaguely aware of the manual door releases, and I don't have a window break tool in my car.

Everyone should have one of these in their vehicles. There is an optional visor clip, or it is small enough to fit in center console if you want. They're cheap and can save your life. The units come with a seatbelt cutter and a window breaker. Can easily allow you to get out of the car for either fire or for water immersion/flood. And honestly, these are easier to remember how to use than the mechanical door releases.

I have no affiliation with this company other than I have bought 3 of these items.

One note: These are designed to break tempered windows only. I don't know which, but I think some windows on some Tesla models are laminated, this will break the glass but may not let you push the window out. Also, if you have window tint, those windows may be more difficult to push out after breaking. Probably will not work on Cybertruck windows at all.

Last edited:
One note: These are designed to break tempered windows only. I don't know which, but I think some windows on some Tesla models are laminated, this will break the glass but may not let you push the window out. Also, if you have window tint, those windows may be more difficult to push out after breaking. Probably will not work on Cybertruck windows at all.

1574737283_5820558436215.gif

All you need is a steel ball

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and jsmay311
SO It will come out in the coming days that the "brother in law" that said he backed the car up then got in the back seat and the car just drove away" was actually driving the car and lost control not anticipating the acceleration the car has and crashed into the tree, got out and ran back to the house to call 911
I anticipate something like this as well

SO It will come out in the coming days that the "brother in law" that said he backed the car up then got in the back seat and the car just drove away" was actually driving the car and lost control not anticipating the acceleration the car has and crashed into the tree, got out and ran back to the house to call 911
And closed the drivers door?

With the news media in todays world we will never know what happened. If the vehicle was ordered with no FSD, which should be easy to find out, then all the news got the wrong story about that. Wait and see if the crash report is even released. Something just does not make sense about the crash with existing statements.

M
Exactly. Elon has already said that it wasn't on Autopilot, and they didn't purchase FSD