Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 driver profiles same name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Can anyone advise on the following? I seem to have 2 driver profiles set under the same name.
One which is my "name only" and another my "name and e-mail".
I wonder if it's because when I first connected to the car to check everything was working the first time, tesla hadn't transferred the car to me?
Now I seem to have 2 profiles.
Is it best just to keep the one with "name and e-mail" as I presume that's attached to the app and can be used in other vehicles in future?

Any advice appreciated?

But before you do delete it, if you don’t have premium connectivity check which profile Spotify is still working on. Cloud profiles seem to have ”broken” the link with the cars Spotify account whilst it still works on the original profile.

Reactions: tesstuff
I've run into the block that @Skie warned of where I deleted the non-cloud profile. I hopped into the car for a road trip over the weekend and found that Spotify had been logged out. When I tried to log into Spotify it says it will use that account when the now deleted profile is active. It has been a few days and I thought surely the cloud sync would be resolved by now. Is there a workaround to get Spotify transferred to the cloud profile?
For what it's worth, Spotify still works on my Model 3 which has premium connectivity and I haven't deleted the old shadow profile. The problem I'm having is in a new to me Model S that has premium connectivity trial. I deleted the non-cloud profile when I thought that was causing the Spotify login confusion.