TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

2 Golf Bags in Tesla Roadster Trunk? Pictures?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Avia2, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Avia2

Avia2 Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Will two "carry" style golf bags fit in the trunk of a Roadster and does anybody have pictures of it? I have been told two bags will fit but you have to remove the drivers and lay them on top outside of the bags. Is there a particularly small carry bag that will make fitting two bags in easier? Thanks in advance.
  2. tennis_trs

tennis_trs 2010 2.0 Roadster Sport

Aug 25, 2009
    I haven't tried 2 bags (I assume fitting 2 is possible if the bags are small enough), but my one relatively small bag fits fine, with no need to remove the driver. I wouldn't think that adding a second bag would change whether the driver(s) need removed.
  3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Aug 20, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    (Click the image to see more pictures and details)
  4. Tin-Chicken

Tin-Chicken Member

Aug 14, 2007
    From the FAQ: Tesla Motors - FAQs

How big is the trunk?
    The trunk has been designed to accommodate a carry-on wheeled bag or a bag of golf clubs. The trunk also features a “false floor” with sufficient room to stow the included factory soft top when not in use.
    Need the numbers? The trunk is roughly oval with the following maximum approximate dimensions: Width 1428mm (56.2"), length 391mm (15.4") and depth 252mm (9.92), extending to 353mm (13.9") in the center.

The picture shown on the FAQ was taken either by me or Mike Harrington, while balanced on a step ladder. It was comical :biggrin: