Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 M3 Reservations, taking one now one later, and will sell original

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking to take one now and one later when they offer a P version and then sell the original. I cant imagine this will depreciate too much considering the waiting list. Is anyone else in my boat?

In all reality there are very few cars I actually purchase, anything brand new I usually always lease, otherwise I always buy used.

Having real thoughts about taking this reservation and booking tomorrow, I hate that there is no lease. What are most of you guys doing who are perhaps in my boat and usually lease or have two reservations?

I want to add some numbers so you can better decide whether this is a good idea. I estimate 264K Model 3 reservations in the US. In a survey, only 38% said they want RWD but let's assume more people will select it to get $7,500 instead of $3,750. If we assume 50%, that's 132K RWD orders. By the end of September, when you get your AWD Model 3 car, Tesla will have delivered about 120K of the RWD cars.

There’s a lot of people who want it the model 3 but those who prefer a used Long Range PUP version will probably be less.

Let’s see it’s $50k now. How much will you sell it for when it’s time to get your second car?

$40k?

How many people are willing to pay that for a used model 3? I personally will rather get a brand new SR than a used LR.

Maybe if you sell it at $28k to $30k there will be plenty of demand for it. $35? Maybe? Free LR and PUP?