Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 members have trashed my reaction score...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What led to a "downvote war"? Have you considered what you're even asking?

Since you're not the OP, what's your point?

But yes, I have.

I think the question is pretty darn obvious. What led the OP to get into this situation in the first place? Was it personal vendettas with the accused downvoters? Did the OP start downvoting their posts and this is in retaliation? Did the OP post snippy, explosive, or contentious replies to their comments? Is it a crossover from another forum? Or the proverbial "who started it?" Once the OP has answered these questions (for himself/herself), maybe they'll have a takeaway lesson for next time.

I've been around there for a long, long time (but not as long as some)... and I've never once looked at the "reaction score" for any member. I like what @cucubits said, these are "imaginary internet points which really have zero meaning." Get outside. Take your dog for a walk. Kiss your wife/husband/partner. Call your mom. Go do something more worthwhile than worrying about a "reaction score".

Last edited:
I've been around there for a long, long time (but not as long as some)... and I've never once looked at the "reaction score" for any member. I like what @cucubits said, these are "imaginary internet points which really have zero meaning." Get outside. Take your dog for a walk. Kiss your wife/husband/partner. Call you mom. Go do something more worthwhile than worrying about a "reaction score".

This is my point. Why bother considering what caused it - ignore it and get on with your life.

I do agree with, and appreciate, most of the points being made here, but notice that almost all of you have positive reaction scores in the hundreds or even thousands, while mine is well into negative territory. And some of the later posts in the 2 threads involved did mention my reaction score as a factor devaluing whatever points I was trying to make.

So yes, on the wider scale of 3rd world problems, this is negligible, but on the other hand, reputation matters, and I feel like mine has been unfairly trashed in this forum.

So yes, on the wider scale of 3rd world problems, this is negligible, but on the other hand, reputation matters, and I feel like mine has been unfairly trashed in this forum.
Others will have a different opinion from mine, but your "down vote reputation" makes no difference to me. I don't "ignore" people based on what other people have voted on postings. I see them the same as other postings. I might agree or not agree depending on the individual content. For me, the agree or disagree icons mean nothing and don't even look at them in my profile. Don't care what people think. They can have their own opinion. Just forget about it. :)

Reactions: ChopinBlues
[my reaction score] is well into negative territory
Since I haven't seen it stated yet, I will:
Nobody deserves this treatment, especially from (apparently) a small number of users providing the feedback. If you were truly a "bad egg", moderators would already have removed/blocked you from the forum.

@doug @danny
Is there any mechanism in the forum to rate-limit, target-limit, or volume-limit the (negative) feedback that can be done from an individual account? If not, they should probably add it to a future version of the forum software. It seems to be an abuse and/or bullying situation.

Since I haven't seen it stated yet, I will:
Nobody deserves this treatment, especially from (apparently) a small number of users providing the feedback. If you were truly a "bad egg", moderators would already have removed/blocked you from the forum.

@doug @danny
Is there any mechanism in the forum to rate-limit, target-limit, or volume-limit the (negative) feedback that can be done from an individual account? If not, they should probably add it to a future version of the forum software. It seems to be an abuse and/or bullying situation.

Moderators dont usually publicly talk about what actions, if any they take with specific users. As for the question of "what caused this interaction", as this OP states, anyone can search for threads they posted in, read them, then make their own determination / opinion.

I personally am not a fan of mass reaction votes one way or another, because I find it a fairly juvenile form of expression, but these situations are almost never 1 sided.

Thank You for your kind and perceptive remarks. Looks like someone is listening, as my reaction score has been restored to roughly where it was before this fiasco begin.

You're also the first person I've seen in a really long time who has a join date earlier than mine! (other than moderators)