TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2 Model 3 Reservations Delivery issues

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by CK_Guy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. CK_Guy

CK_Guy Member

Hi,

I reserved 2 Models 3's in line on the first day. and configured both cars on different dates.

I am located in Toronto, Canada

Config 1
    May 28th
    Red, LR

Config 2
    May 30th
    Midnight Silver, LR

I received the VIN and took delivery for Config 2 within 2 weeks..... BUT Config 1 I am still waiting for a VIN. Its been 6 weeks since I've configured the red car.

Has anyone else had issues with 2 reservations ? or with a red car ?

Thanks

2. lairdb

lairdb Member

Looking at Troy's spreadsheet, just by eyeball, it looks like red configurations are the laggiest for VIN assignments (most of the Red column cells are red, indicating configuration but no VIN, even back to late April. Contrast with the other paint colors, whose cells are mostly green.

[​IMG]

The raw data is in the sheet to calculate an average days for config-to-VIN by color, but I don't think he's precalculated that, and I'm too lazy to do so, except by eyeball.

3. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I think Red is the most popular color based on what I see on the road so it makes sense that they are lagging behind.

4. CK_Guy

CK_Guy Member

Ive seen a lot of Midnight Silver up here, and only a hand full of Red. Maybe has something to do with the price increase on the Red paint job.

5. Need

Need Active Member

Interesting that Red, White, and Blue (in that order) have the longest wait. Go USA! :p