Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Model Y or Ioniq 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine both ur hands are full, I dunno with groceries and stuff. That's the use case. I guess tesla owners have extra hand?

LOL that was a good one!

All jokes aside, all you need a finger to press the button on the trunk lid. You can have two kids on each arm and grocery bags on both hands and still press the button, and you don't have to wait 5 seconds that will destroy your arms and hands with two kids and grocery bags. =)

When i had Q5, the most annoying thing was the door handle that the touch sensor will lock and unlock thousands times during the car wash.
Sounds like it needs a car wash mode - that would be awesome if someone would do that…
It activates when it senses the key. If the key is not with you, it won't activate. I prefer the kick sensor.
I’m trying to figure out how that would be anything but annoying. A kick sensor would be far better. @nate704 is right, though - if. You can get a finger out you can open the tesla hatch. (Or you can get an after market kick sensor)

LOL that was a good one!

All jokes aside, all you need a finger to press the button on the trunk lid. You can have two kids on each arm and grocery bags on both hands and still press the button, and you don't have to wait 5 seconds that will destroy your arms and hands with two kids and grocery bags. =)
To each their own. I prefer not having to juggle what I carry for standing still for few seconds. Trunk works same with hyundai also you can press handle for trunk to open. IMO It's always good to have an extra feature/gimmick/whatever you want to call it. However I do prefer a kick sensor.

Reactions: Crisss1205
I prefer good supercharger network over 360, hud or mega super high quality leather. Ya know so I can travel like car is supposed to do.
That’s another area that depends on your use case. We’ve had our MY for almost 2 years/18,000 miles and only taken one trip in it that required charging (Minneapolis to Madison). The super charger integration with the navigation system was nice but on the way home it also wanted to route us over through Rochester, MN then up to Minneapolis, an extra 30 minutes & 25 miles, rather than coming directly up I94. My assumption was because the Eau Claire SC was busy, but It didn’t say why and didn’t give us a choice. The nav system also doesn’t show any non supercharger charging options so you still end up having to patch together a trip with other sources if you’re looking for charging options at your destination.

Regardless, I‘ve put ample miles on my MY without significant use of the SC network, so while it’s nice to know it‘s there it really doesn’t affect my ownership experience. If I were to have another brand of EV I probably wouldn’t miss it.

Sc can get expensive, if you are using sc only it will be more economical to drive good hybrid cars in normal gas price times. Now not so much.

SC can be useful while roadtripping but honesty if i look at EA availability, US is really well covered in frequent travelled highways. But hey who am I to argue tesla is the best car ever made am I right?

• Disagree
Reactions: DanDi58
That’s another area that depends on your use case. We’ve had our MY for almost 2 years/18,000 miles and only taken one trip in it that required charging (Minneapolis to Madison). The super charger integration with the navigation system was nice but on the way home it also wanted to route us over through Rochester, MN then up to Minneapolis, an extra 30 minutes & 25 miles, rather than coming directly up I94. My assumption was because the Eau Claire SC was busy, but It didn’t say why and didn’t give us a choice. The nav system also doesn’t show any non supercharger charging options so you still end up having to patch together a trip with other sources if you’re looking for charging options at your destination.

Regardless, I‘ve put ample miles on my MY without significant use of the SC network, so while it’s nice to know it‘s there it really doesn’t affect my ownership experience. If I were to have another brand of EV I probably wouldn’t miss it.
Yeap, everyone has different use scenarios no doubt. We travel at least once a year from GA to NJ. And SC is very important and flawless experience for us. Bc of that we are ice free household.

Sc can get expensive, if you are using sc only it will be more economical to drive good hybrid cars in normal gas price times. Now not so much.

SC can be useful while roadtripping but honesty if i look at EA availability, US is really well covered in frequent travelled highways. But hey who am I to argue tesla is the best car ever made am I right?
Supercharging (usually) more expensive than charging at home, but you’re paying for convenience and speed, not just the raw energy. Just like getting that bottle of Coke at the gas station convenience store - You don’t buy it there because that’s the cheapest way to buy coke. I’m unclear why that’s an argument against Tesla, though. Do you ague that convenience stores are pointless because they’re more expensive than a warehouse club? The landscape is changing, but Tesla’s SC network was a key factor in making them a viable option for many people. (Like @WhiteWi, for example.)

I also have no idea how costs compare between Tesla super chargers and other charging networks like Electrify America. I’m guessing they’re probably comparable but that’s just a guess.

I prefer 360, hud or mega super high quality leather. Ya know, so I can enjoy the car as a daily driver like it’s supposed to do. Versus the rare road trips that many don’t use the car for….
Sorry did you say Hyundai come with mega super doper high quality leather? They are also vegan aka fake leather, at least in the US. Nothing wrong with that, and they are perfectly fine, but let’s not pretend it’s super doper mind blowing high quality. Also the materials used throughout the car are partially from recycle materials, which I like. But they do get scratched up very easily, at least in my case.

Sorry did you say Hyundai come with mega super doper high quality leather? They are also vegan aka fake leather, at least in the US. Nothing wrong with that, and they are perfectly fine, but let’s not pretend it’s super doper mind blowing high quality. Also the materials used throughout the car are partially from recycle materials, which I like. But they do get scratched up very easily, at least in my case.
You missed the joke, I quoted what the other guy was saying about the precious Y.