Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Model Y or Ioniq 5?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Don't see that. I came from an Audi Q5 Premium Plus and like the interior of the MY LR better. If you want the features that are standard and the performance of the MY, you have to go to the $65,000 plus SQ5 Prestige, more for Sportback styling. And. pay $29 a month to keep most of the tech features active.
So for the same money as a MYLR, you can buy a new Acura MDX which would have higher quality leather seats, 360 camera, HUD, ventilated seats, real wood trim, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alerting, fancy interior ambient lighting. But this is fine with me, because a BEV powertrain is more expensive than an ICE powertrain. Of course there will be some exceptions with extra low-value cars, but in general I believe comparable ICE cars will have more "features" than a comparable BEV car, at least for a while.

So for the same money as a MYLR, you can buy a new Acura MDX which would have higher quality leather seats, 360 camera, HUD, ventilated seats, real wood trim, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alerting, fancy interior ambient lighting. But this is fine with me, because a BEV powertrain is more expensive than an ICE powertrain. Of course there will be some exceptions with extra low-value cars, but in general I believe comparable ICE cars will have more "features" than a comparable BEV car, at least for a while.
Higher quality leather seats? Lol

TEN FOOT POLE... Look at it's abysmal charging curve on the dual motor. The single motor isn't as bad but its still pretty bad lol.
kyle of out of spec did a charging test on the dual motor.. 100kw peak, but the curve is anything but flat... It drops off really quick... Basically charging at 50kw and below for much of the curve... In his test, after 2 hours, it still wasn't fully charged and the EA charger just gave up and halted the session.

Reactions: thesmokingman
kyle of out of spec did a charging test on the dual motor.. 100kw peak, but the curve is anything but flat... It drops off really quick... Basically charging at 50kw and below for much of the curve... In his test, after 2 hours, it still wasn't fully charged and the EA charger just gave up and halted the session.
Unbelievable. Toyota just really grudgingly is getting into the full EV market with this really half-assed effort - and the Subaru version is the same, so it has the same faults. If you're just using it around town and only charging at home, it's probably fine. But I can't imagine buying a car that would be so difficult to road-trip in. No wonder the CEO continues to spread FUD about EV's, theirs suck.

Unbelievable. Toyota just really grudgingly is getting into the full EV market with this really half-assed effort - and the Subaru version is the same, so it has the same faults. If you're just using it around town and only charging at home, it's probably fine. But I can't imagine buying a car that would be so difficult to road-trip in. No wonder the CEO continues to spread FUD about EV's, theirs suck.
Even with some of their hybrids. I remember I was suprised when they unveiled the Tundra Hybrid, and said it has Nickel Metal Hydride batteries instead of Lithium Ion batteries.

You guys sound like the anti-Tesla folk who bash Teslas over panels falling off cars, random rattles, battery fires, and Musk's behavior. Don't like biases get in the way of reality.

The FWD version of the bz4x is getting decent real world charging speeds. AWD... maybe not. That's because of battery supply shortages and ToyoBaru having to use CATL as a secondary supplier. I think Europe is solely Panasonic for all trims but I could be wrong.

1653578970884.png

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
You guys sound like the anti-Tesla folk who bash Teslas over panels falling off cars, random rattles, battery fires, and Musk's behavior. Don't like biases get in the way of reality.

The FWD version of the bz4x is getting decent real world charging speeds. AWD... maybe not. That's because of battery supply shortages and ToyoBaru having to use CATL as a secondary supplier. I think Europe is solely Panasonic for all trims but I could be wrong.

View attachment 808972
Heavy car with high torque FWD. what could go wrong.

I'll be following the EV6 closely over the next couple of years. I like the HUD of the EV6, something my future Model 3 regrettably does not have.
I was completely jealous of the Ioniq 5 limited's HUD myself, but I've seen a bunch of people say that once they used it, they didn't find it impressive at all. It sounds like a great piece of technology, but maybe it's not living up to expectations...

I was completely jealous of the Ioniq 5 limited's HUD myself, but I've seen a bunch of people say that once they used it, they didn't find it impressive at all. It sounds like a great piece of technology, but maybe it's not living up to expectations...
It’s ok, I wouldn’t say it’s a must have. It also doesn’t work with CarPlay. Sometimes under certain situation I do find it more annoyance than useful.

Heavy car with high torque FWD. what could go wrong.

About the same weight as the RAV4 Prime and that PHEV has 302hp and torque steers badly if you hammer the gas in sport mode (where the rear and front electric motors kick in too). About as fast as a base Model 3 RWD. Folks measured the 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds.

They dropped the FWD power to 201hp which is about the same as the rear ID.4 RWD Pro... so it will be significantly slower than the RAV4 Prime and thus not likely to torque steer that badly :)

It's more of an upscale competitor to the Niro EV, Kona EV, Bolt EV than the newer (and more expensive) Korean twins. At $42K.. it's only $2K more than a Niro EV.

About the same weight as the RAV4 Prime and that PHEV has 302hp and torque steers badly if you hammer the gas in sport mode (where the rear and front electric motors kick in too). About as fast as a base Model 3 RWD. Folks measured the 0 to 60 in 5.7 seconds.

They dropped the FWD power to 201hp which is about the same as the rear ID.4 RWD Pro... so it will be significantly slower than the RAV4 Prime and thus not likely to torque steer that badly :)

It's more of an upscale competitor to the Niro EV, Kona EV, Bolt EV than the newer (and more expensive) Korean twins. At $42K.. it's only $2K more than a Niro EV.
Rav4 Prime = 4300 lbs = heavy!
Horsepower does not really do anything. it is the torque that can put you in danger. FWD instant high torque motor can cause severe understeer (not talking about the torque steer) while cornering, especially for heavy car like this one.

Rav4 Prime = 4300 lbs = heavy!
Horsepower does not really do anything. it is the torque that can put you in danger. FWD instant high torque motor can cause severe understeer (not talking about the torque steer) while cornering, especially for heavy car like this one.

bz4x doesn't have that much torque. Honestly the Prime is a beast with the dual motors and gas engine

1653610004895.png

RAV4 Prime torque (two electric motors + gas engine that work together) but it technically is AWD with strong FWD bias.

1653609935675.png