Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 month old MY wiper fluid not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JDL@h

MYP/White/Blk TX OD: 9/27 EDD:4/20 vin: F417
Sep 29, 2021
houston
'22 MYP. Nothing comes out of the nozzles when I want to clean the windshield. The wipers work.
I removed the tray under the frunk and checked for any spills, didn't find any.

Refilled the wiper fluid and it worked immediately. But won't work again after a week.

Any clues?

Just to confirm, when working it is spraying on the windshield, or just making a puddle on the ground under the car?

A few people (myself included) had the washer fluid hose disconnect itself underneath the plastic cover in the frunk area. You can see it if you pull off the cover, it's on the driver side.

Make sure you’re pressing the button down hard enough at the end of the stalk. There is enough resistance that you think you’ve pressed and activated the washer fluid to spray, but in reality you have to push the button in further past that initial stop. I thought mine wasn’t working at first either until I reread the manual and pushed harder and voila!

Last edited:
Reactions: DM231191
Make sure you’re pressing the button down hard enough at the end of the stall. There is enough resistance that you think you’ve pressed and activated the washer fluid to spray, but in reality you have to push the button in further past that initial stop. I thought mine wasn’t working at first either until I reread the manual and pushed harder and voila!

That happened to me as well.

Make sure you’re pressing the button down hard enough at the end of the stalk. There is enough resistance that you think you’ve pressed and activated the washer fluid to spray, but in reality you have to push the button in further past that initial stop. I thought mine wasn’t working at first either until I reread the manual and pushed harder and voila!
Was just about to contact tesla for service and sure enough, I gotta put a little more pressure and out come the fluid, thanks.

Check the "T" connector that divides the one tube coming from the washer and pump, that sends the fluid to each wiper area, They have been known, recently, to be the wrong diameter and the sprayer tubes fall off of the T. It is a known problem.

'22 MYP. Nothing comes out of the nozzles when I want to clean the windshield. The wipers work.
I removed the tray under the frunk and checked for any spills, didn't find any.

Refilled the wiper fluid and it worked immediately. But won't work again after a week.

Any my 22 MY was only spraying the driver side. I lifted the plastic cover that conceals the washer fluid tank. The line had come loose. It was spraying the driver’s side window directly from the tube but nothing came out the passenger side. I pushed the tube back on and it works fine.

Attachments

• BB1F3AE8-A36D-462A-AAEA-37298250F602.jpeg
    BB1F3AE8-A36D-462A-AAEA-37298250F602.jpeg
    833.6 KB · Views: 222