Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Months Since Net Metering was Rejected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues with the Permit Department with Tesla?

I paid my first downpayment back in September and they finally submitted my net metering in early October. The Net Metering was rejected due to no electrical permit was attached. They said my county (Brevard) that the building permit is the same as the electrical and they need to get a note from the county (which sounds like BS). It's been standstill for 1 month now.....

So far the roof is super cool but the process is a 1/5 for me.

Written so many emails and call once a week but nada =-(

Any chance your utility allows you to self-submit for PTO? The County should give you the permit if you ask for it (since you're the homeowner and technically it's your permit).

If you're willing to swallow the PTO fee, you could just forge ahead without Tesla if your utility allows you to do so.

Just be glad you don't have to add your power company isn't requiring you to add them as a named insured on your home policy. California and Florida seem to be the only two states that are doing such BS.

Any chance your utility allows you to self-submit for PTO? The County should give you the permit if you ask for it (since you're the homeowner and technically it's your permit).

If you're willing to swallow the PTO fee, you could just forge ahead without Tesla if your utility allows you to do so.

Just be glad you don't have to add your power company isn't requiring you to add them as a named insured on your home policy. California and Florida seem to be the only two states that are doing such BS.
PG&E is not a named insured on my homeowners policy.

PG&E is not a named insured on my homeowners policy.

You lucky bastard. The NEM2-MT PTO forms say it's required. But it's up to PG&E to enforce that clause. They add the total of the PW export + max solar export (basically some BS condition where it's high noon and your batteries are just unloading onto the grid). So it's pretty easy for a solar + ESS customer to hit 20 kW.

My insurance agent was initially like "you want what to do what now? to insure PG&E? for how much now? GTFO..."

1637715362095.png

You lucky bastard. The NEM2-MT PTO forms say it's required. But it's up to PG&E to enforce that clause. They add the total of the PW export + max solar export (basically some BS condition where it's high noon and your batteries are just unloading onto the grid). So it's pretty easy for a solar + ESS customer to hit 20 kW.

My insurance agent was initially like "you want what to do what now? to insure PG&E? for how much now? GTFO..."

View attachment 736624
If it is there they have never asked us. But we never export more than 7 or 8 kW so maybe we are not effected.