Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 new cars both with update 2019.35...Your software is up to date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Model X two weeks ago and a Model 3 yesterday. Both have software version 2019.35.x. I'm set to advanced on my software update settings but I'm still showing I dont have any updates. I'm also connected on my home wifi. Is this normal? When will I start seeing updates?

I just got a Model X two weeks ago and a Model 3 yesterday. Both have software version 2019.35.x. I'm set to advanced on my software update settings but I'm still showing I dont have any updates. I'm also connected on my home wifi. Is this normal? When will I start seeing updates?
Press the advanced button 5 times and it will search for the lates version.

And hold your left hand up high and chant 7 times.....you guys are so funny...
U think the hole pressing it 5 times is BS? If you don’t know a bunch of people tried and it worked for numerous people. I was waiting on version 10 for a while until someone told me to do that and it worked. Every time you press it five times it searches for a new version.

U think the hole pressing it 5 times is BS? If you don’t know a bunch of people tried and it worked for numerous people. I was waiting on version 10 for a while until someone told me to do that and it worked. Every time you press it five times it searches for a new version.
every time you open the screen for "software update" it searches for a new version. Maybe it was your tinfoil hat tho. :D
giphy.gif

Last edited:
All kidding aside, I used to be annoyed with the seatbelt chimes in my Subaru. Someone told me the most ridiculous sounding sequence to go through that would silence the seatbelt chimes. Literally sounded completely made up, something like: Click and unclick the seatbelt 10 times while pressing the brake after turning the ignition on and off 3 times with the left blinker on while humming "Oklahoma".

It actually worked, and I didn't have a seatbelt chime again until I replaced my battery. I'm sure several of the steps weren't part of what was needed to be done to disable the chime, but I just re-created it as I was told.

Yes... it's the act of you GOING to to software menu that causes the the check, you can see it doing it without you touching anything. It's things like this that make selling "miracle water" on TV worth the price of advertisement.

Is it possible that new cars just don’t receive existing updates and only receive the next one? I got my 2020 M3 yesterday with that same half year old software and will certainly go crazy if I have to wait weeks to get the cool FSD visualizations I paid $7K for! I have obsessive compulsive update disorder, I will update my phone 10 mins before I know the CEO is going to call me, so waiting a month with 6 months old software is going to be rough.