Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 New HPWC locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed 2 new HPWC locations popped up today on the Tesla Find Us page.

One in Jackson, MS and one in LaPlace, LA (New Orleans vicinity).

Nice to see these going in too.

Mike

I noticed the other day that Tesla has started showing other businesses with chargers on their website using small icons. Some have restrictions like hotel chargers for guests only but it's still nice to see them on the charging map. I think the one in Jackson MS is the Old Capital Inn. I've stayed there as have some other Tesla owners. They've had a charger there for quite a while. Nice little boutique hotel.

I noticed the other day that Tesla has started showing other businesses with chargers on their website using small icons. Some have restrictions like hotel chargers for guests only but it's still nice to see them on the charging map. I think the one in Jackson MS is the Old Capital Inn. I've stayed there as have some other Tesla owners. They've had a charger there for quite a while. Nice little boutique hotel.
This indicates businesses with HPWCs in the destination charging program. You'll find several threads on this topic.
Destination Charging

Susan - the Jackson, MS location is definitely the Old Capital Inn. What was the charger when you stayed there? Was it a J1772 or a Tesla HPWC? I think I remember seeing it on Plugshare in the past as a J1772 and now Tesla is showing it as having 2 Tesla connections at up to 40 Amps. I'm thinking they've upgraded their charging stations.

Mike

La Place chargers are not installed yet. Posts and electrical boxes are there, but no HPWC units. There's also a Clipper Creek J1772 unit (not connected yet). All of the charging equipment is in back near a gazebo. Looks like I'll head to KOA in the morning :S

La Place chargers are not installed yet. Posts and electrical boxes are there, but no HPWC units. There's also a Clipper Creek J1772 unit (not connected yet). All of the charging equipment is in back near a gazebo. Looks like I'll head to KOA in the morning :S

Well that sucks. Should probably let Tesla know - I can't imagine they want to show a charger on their "Find Us" page that isn't installed and operational yet.

Mike