TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2 New HPWC locations

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by NOLA_Mike, Dec 20, 2014.

1. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I noticed 2 new HPWC locations popped up today on the Tesla Find Us page.

One in Jackson, MS and one in LaPlace, LA (New Orleans vicinity).

Nice to see these going in too.

Mike

2. smil3193

smil3193 Owner (S85)

I noticed the other day that Tesla has started showing other businesses with chargers on their website using small icons. Some have restrictions like hotel chargers for guests only but it's still nice to see them on the charging map. I think the one in Jackson MS is the Old Capital Inn. I've stayed there as have some other Tesla owners. They've had a charger there for quite a while. Nice little boutique hotel.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

This indicates businesses with HPWCs in the destination charging program. You'll find several threads on this topic.
    Destination Charging

4. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Susan - the Jackson, MS location is definitely the Old Capital Inn. What was the charger when you stayed there? Was it a J1772 or a Tesla HPWC? I think I remember seeing it on Plugshare in the past as a J1772 and now Tesla is showing it as having 2 Tesla connections at up to 40 Amps. I'm thinking they've upgraded their charging stations.

Mike

5. smil3193

smil3193 Owner (S85)

When I was last there they still had a J1772. I think I read that they were upgrading to a HPWC, I'd forgotten. They must have it installed now.

6. michael1800

michael1800 Member

La Place chargers are not installed yet. Posts and electrical boxes are there, but no HPWC units. There's also a Clipper Creek J1772 unit (not connected yet). All of the charging equipment is in back near a gazebo. Looks like I'll head to KOA in the morning :S

7. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

Well that sucks. Should probably let Tesla know - I can't imagine they want to show a charger on their "Find Us" page that isn't installed and operational yet.

Mike