Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2-piece Roof Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I'm fairly happy with their performance considering we had a heatwave over the weekend with temperatures over 100 degrees and my car was parked out in the sun as we ran some chores. The car did not get as hot as when I did not use the shades or when I had the black roof shades. Simple physics, black absorbs heat. I have removed the shades only once and it wasn't a big deal and was easy enough to reinstall. I still wished they had sewn the separate reflective farbic to the sunshade.
I also went with your AliExpress recommendation. Delivery to Switzerland was a few weeks – actually a bit faster than I expected – and once I had figured out how to use the clips, the installation was fairly straightforward. So far I'm satisfied. They're so unobtrusive, still waiting for the family to notice them! Just in case I also ordered the silver-coated cloths, but have not tried them yet.

Reactions: gleearch
I agree about the color closely matching the head liner that you hardly notice it. I had the black version previously and hated it. Made the cabin feel oppressive. This light greyish color looks so close to the headliner fabric, it looks OEM to my eyes. My wife didn't notice the sunshade for a few days until my son pointed it out to her. That's success to me. :)

Did anyone have trouble inserting the clip on the side(front) part of it?

I was able to insert 8 clips. Driver and passenger side have no gap to insert.
Yes, but when I wiggled the clip it would eventually go in. Also, if there is too much of a gap, you'll hear a slight rattling when going over bumps.

You'll have to play around with the locations to get the optimum setup.