Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Powerwall+ vs 1 Powerwall+ and one regular Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Im looking to instal a 10.2kw DC system consisting of 24 425w panels. My installer is offering me to option of getting 2 Powerwall+ or 1 Powerwall+ with the second Powerwall being the regular Powerwall 2.

As I understand, the Powerwall+ has a 7.6kw inverter that may be maxed out (clipping?) with my 10.2kw system but not by a lot.

I am failing to see the differences between the two options. Would getting the two Powerwall+ means that since I’ll have two inverters I can have half the PV capacity (5.1kw DC) attached to each one and overall daily production can be higher since I will no be experimenting clipping over 7.6kw?

Also, I want to have the option to expand the PV capacity in the future.

Does anybody have a system with two Powerwall+ instead of one of each?

I am really struggling to understand the main difference between the two options.

If anybody can help, I would be grateful.

Thaks

I would assume they would split the panels across both inverters. I would take this option for $1500 as you'll make enough extra electricity to easily cover $1500 in a few years (assuming South facing non-shaded layout). Being able to add more panels is nice if you have more roof space. I generally recommend putting up as many panels as will fit to begin with.

Reactions: Chud