Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Qs: Vampire drain (during heat wave) and Charge limit on SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently left my X90d parked parked outside during a heat wave this past week (30C+ for a week straight). It had about 30% charge when I parked it. By day 5, I got a message that the battery was nearly dead. Cabin overheat protection, sentry mode were off, and power save was on as well (though I kept remote connection, but didn't check on it). Is all that drain due to keeping the battery cool in hot weather, or what else is happening? 6% a day seems excessive.

When I finally got back, the battery was a 4km. I managed to charge enough on a unreliable 110V power outlet to make it to a L2 charger, and there enough to make it to a supercharger. But when I got to the supercharger, it refused to charge past 90%. The limit was properly set to 100%, I tried unplugging and replugging, nothing doing -- it wouldn't go past 90%. I assume I missed the memo?

Have not had it happen to me personally but I wonder if the battery was re-calibrating? Have you been able to recharge to 100% since?

p.s. the vampire drain maybe due to any 3rd party apps you may have open - easiest way to disallow is to change your Tesla account password - instantly issues new token which itself makes you resign into apps.

Have not had it happen to me personally but I wonder if the battery was re-calibrating? Have you been able to recharge to 100% since?

p.s. the vampire drain maybe due to any 3rd party apps you may have open - easiest way to disallow is to change your Tesla account password - instantly issues new token which itself makes you resign into apps.

thanks -- I do use TeslaFi and Dashboard, so I'll try changing the password and see if that makes a change for the next time. I haven't tried to charge to 100% yet (I avoid doing it unless I'm on a road trip where it will be necessary) but will before my next trip and report back.