Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Sets of Wheels with TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if it's possible to have two sets of wheels (19"s / 21"s) with TPMS calibrated to the car. How does this work? Would we be able to just swap out the wheels / tires or do we need to calibrate the set each time we have it installed?

I was wondering if it's possible to have two sets of wheels (19"s / 21"s) with TPMS calibrated to the car. How does this work? Would we be able to just swap out the wheels / tires or do we need to calibrate the set each time we have it installed?
There is a button that do just that. It's available under the new service tab. Once the new set is installed, click that button to reset the TPMSs.

Totally possible.

Each set of wheels with their own TPMS. I put aftermarket sensors in my winters... there's one brand out there known to be compatible. Bought those.
(Now Tesla TPMS have gotten cheaper for spares... so you might just get them from Tesla).
(Or, run without TPMS for the season that you care to take the most chances. Working TPMS's are not critical for driving dynamics.)

Each time you swap, you hit the calibrate button. Drive a bit, and you're done.

FYI the TPMS's have a battery lifetime... before they must be swapped out. My tire guy says, the wheels that aren't spinning don't use their battery power to transmit.
Extends battery life of the TPMS's makes sense..

Plus it means you can carry an extra set of fully loaded wheels in the car on the way to the tire shop to swap them onto the car, and not confuse the TPMS monitor along the way.