Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Tesla's on one App - different accounts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, here's one I've been struggling to get my head around - the collective hive-mind of TMC (UK subforum) must know the answer!!

The missus has a Model 3 as a company car (her employer leases it for her through Lex) and both of us drive it. I'm logged into the app using her credentials, and all is good.

My new MY is being delivered next month, and will be leased by my own company through ALD. I ordered this using a separate account.

Question is, when it arrives, how can we both get access on our Apps to be able to control both cars? Is this simple and I'm overthinking it??

I've seen posts from the US, stating you can give access to other people, but when we log into either account on the Tesla homepage, no cars show up (as they're both leased I assume) so I'm not sure how to give access....

Any thoughts or experience with this type of situation?

TIA

Looks like other folk have asked the lease company to add the additional driver/account:
Can't remember when Tesla changed the web page to allow you to set up additional drivers yourself, so the bit in this post about getting Tesla to make the amendments may not apply.

I guess I have a pretty similar situation with two cars on two accounts. After playing around for a while I settled on using the parallel spaces app to run two instances of the Tesla app at once. Works really well

What i'd do is if the lease companies can add your emails as additional accounts that's great, otherwise i'd keep your phone linked to your own tesla and the Mrs' phone linked to hers, then buy a tesla ring or fall back to the cards for access to each others cars - it doesn't take too long to switch between accounts (if saved in a keychain) if you needed access to the app side of things.

OR - contact your lease company asking for the account for the new Tesla to use your other half's email account as the primary account then it should appear in the account for two cars instead of one.