Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 USB questions--flash drive mounting time and center console data cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that the 256GB flash drive (Samsung, USB 3, exFAT, 30GB full) with music connected via a hub in the glove box takes a long time to mount each time the car starts up. The USB source is not immediately available. Is this normal?

Also, model year 2023 (Austin-built) has the mini-USB data cable taped up in the center console. I know there are aftermarket options to restore the data functionality. Question is whether this cable is connected on the other side (under the glove box). If it is not connected, is it in the area and easy to locate so I can connect it?

Thanks.

Also, model year 2023 (Austin-built) has the mini-USB data cable taped up in the center console. I know there are aftermarket options to restore the data functionality. Question is whether this cable is connected on the other side (under the glove box). If it is not connected, is it in the area and easy to locate so I can connect it?

Thanks.

I pulled the panel under the dash--the mini-USB is not connected. On the center console side, the cable is there, which means the other end is somewhere near the MCU. Does anyone know where it is? I prefer to use the factory cable rather than running another one. I would think that it is near the MUC mini-USB connector, but haven't been able to locate it.

I pulled the panel under the dash--the mini-USB is not connected. On the center console side, the cable is there, which means the other end is somewhere near the MCU. Does anyone know where it is? I prefer to use the factory cable rather than running another one. I would think that it is near the MUC mini-USB connector, but haven't been able to locate it.

I found a YT video that shows the connector location, in case it helps someone: