Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 week old MY, Multiple Errors whilst driving - All assist functions disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accept that no car is perfect regardless of the brand and I accept issues can arise over time which needs fixing. What gets me is that this is supposedly a brand new car, 2 weeks old with only 300 miles on the clock so you'd imagine the parts are brand new too? How does something like a sensor or wireloom corrode this quickly in a brand new car?

Ah that is great, hopefully that means they pick up on a common theme then and have both our cars fixed relatively quickly. The technician assigned to mine was Mark. As I said, they towed my car to Park Royal yesterday morning and had the diagnostic reasoning by yesterday afternoon (Wheel Speed Sensor). Parts supposedly being delivered today and an ETA to get it all done is eod tomorrow.
All sorted?

Mine is still waiting for parts (I assume), but I managed to wrangle a courtesy car as of Wednesday, so currently driving around in a 67 plate X!

All sorted?

Mine is still waiting for parts (I assume), but I managed to wrangle a courtesy car as of Wednesday, so currently driving around in a 67 plate X!
Yes all sorted and I went to collect last night so only time will tell whether the errors go away for good. I was left absolutely livid though the way they treated me car. See my last post here

Tesla Park Royal

Funny enough, they gave me a brand new 22 plate Volvo XC90 as a courtesy car from Enterprise as they didn’t have a Tesla available which I have come to really like after a few days of driving it!

I accept that no car is perfect regardless of the brand and I accept issues can arise over time which needs fixing. What gets me is that this is supposedly a brand new car, 2 weeks old with only 300 miles on the clock so you'd imagine the parts are brand new too? How does something like a sensor or wireloom corrode this quickly in a brand new car?
TBH, unlikely to be corrosion on such a new car, more likely to be a faulty sensor or bad connector. With thousands of parts in each car you will always get the odd bad component that works OK initially but fails soon afterwards, especially with electrical items. You fit a new light bulb and a week later it blows, so you fit another one from the same pack and it lasts for years! I think you were just unlucky.

Have you heard of the bathtub failure curve?

Reactions: Adopado
Yes all sorted and I went to collect last night so only time will tell whether the errors go away for good. I was left absolutely livid though the way they treated me car. See my last post here

Tesla Park Royal

Funny enough, they gave me a brand new 22 plate Volvo XC90 as a courtesy car from Enterprise as they didn’t have a Tesla available which I have come to really like after a few days of driving it!
Yeah it's a decent car (XC60) I had one from Sept 18 to Sept 21, before the Model 3 arrived!l, just not particularly engaging to drive or "fun", but a decent car overall.

So sorry about the 💩 state of your car when you got it back, man I'd have lost it! I may still do when I get mine back! If the condition of the Model X I received is anything to go by, I'm expecting the worst!

I had to show one of the sales guys the state of it, and he was embarrassed/shocked and got it cleaned (on the inside only) for me, but frankly no customer should be given a courtesy car in such poor state, clearly hadn't been cleaned at all since whoever had it before me handed it back. No wonder it appears to have been treated so badly.

Reactions: X-Cile
Mine turned out to be an issue with the left front wheel speed sensor. The wire behind the wheel well liner had corroded and shorted out. No answer as to why one out of four wheels having an issue would disable everything and make the car basically undriveable.
Because the ABS works by comparing all four wheel speeds. If one wheel speed is missing the system goes into fault mode and shuts down. Quite a few other systems in the car rely on the wheel speed output from the ABS unit, so if that is in fault mode, they shut down as well. Exactly the same applies to modern ICE cars, it isn’t a Tesla thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Kirbster
I know it's of no help but my neighbour's VW has been in the VW garage for nine weeks - and counting - with them trying to find out what's electrically wrong with it: multiple and intermittent faults in all sorts of things required towing to the SC.