Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Week Review - M3LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, 3 rattles and you wouldn't buy another? mkay.

I live 3hrs away from a Service Center. I've been once, in 3 ½yrs, because I had the seat restraint error notification, but otherwise, it's been pretty solid. Any little quibbles, I try to figure out myself, because I know service departments are in a hurry, the techs aren't exactly rocket scientists, and often they do more harm than good. I don't care if they're responsible, I'd rather take a chance to figure it out myself, first, because I know I'll likely do a more careful job of it. If I can't figure it out, I'll then let the Service Center have a chance. That's not Tesla-specific, but every manufacturer and dealer I've ever dealt with, MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Saab, etc.

Dash rattles, I use a spudger and stick it between the glass and dash material, until I find where the rattle or squeak or whatever is. If that doesn't work, there are instructions on how to remove the dash top material. People do it all the time to replace the wood strip, etc. It's not rocket science. You can use a tone generator app on your phone to help ID the rattle location, etc. That's the sort of stuff this forum is good for, asking people questions. As for the ticking sound on the B-pillar, it's not uncommon for the seat belt mechanism to make a noise. Remove the trim on the inside and investigate.
1 consistent rattle, 2 other locations rattle if i'm not driving on a perfectly smooth road. the 1 constant ticking rattle from the B pillar is the most annoying. if you bought a brand new fridge and it was making a rattling sound that drove you crazy, wouldn't you be a bit hesitant to buy from that brand again? especially if about 1/3 to 1/2 of people who owned one mentioned they had the same issue? That's why I'm hesitant on buying another one in the future.

as for me figuring out how to fix it myself, this is just unacceptable for any new car owner to have to do. sure, if i'm bored i might give it a go, but there's a risk of either making the problem worse and then having to take it into the service center where someone can say "you caused this problem, now pay up". so far all of the service requests i've made have been free... for now.

i guess i'm lucky that i have about 5 service centers within a 30 mile radius from me, or else i'd love to spend a day trying to figure out how to fix the rattles, which is probably my biggest pet peeve while driving in any car.

at least i dont have to pay for gas anymore... ?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Haha oh yea, I forgot to mention, I temporarily renamed my car from TAYTAY to TICTAC.

TIC = for all the damn ticks I hear while I drive.
TAC = for how tacky the interior is built.

Will let you know if her original name is reassigned after next weeks service appointment 🤣

Haha oh yea, I forgot to mention, I temporarily renamed my car from TAYTAY to TICTAC.

TIC = for all the damn ticks I hear while I drive.
TAC = for how tacky the interior is built.

Will let you know if her original name is reassigned after next weeks service appointment 🤣

Or you could just name it RESALE...because it seems thats where you are headed. Luckily, it has great RESALE :D I think you'd be much happier in an i4 M50.

Not anymore. It seems that other automakers have caught up, if not passed, Tesla's autopilot (GM's super cruise is consistently highly praised) and even the more rudimentary driver assistance software (i.e., the kind that keep you in your lane and at a safe distance from other cars) seem to have less complaints about "phantom braking" or keeping you in the lane (e.g., Kia/Hyundai, Volvo/Polestar).
Super cruise only available on select highways, and all cars have phantom breaking when radar is involved with cruise. The reason Tesla gets so many more reports is the fact that they have multiple times the amount of cars on the road using it compared to other manufacturers.

Reactions: phaheem
as tested by Edmunds... the Mercedes EQS 450+ got 422 miles in real world range and *easily* beat the EPA estimate by quite a bit. Now... don't tell me that ~400 miles of range between charges isn't a roadtrip car? That's a lot of driving between EA chargers... for e.g. I could do Dallas - Taos/NM with just one stop in Amarillo with that car
Between charges sounds great on paper. It’s the actual charging that makes the difference; especially dependent upon distance. To each his own. But the Supercharger network seals the deal for me.