Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 week to get a service appointment!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[solved!] 2 week to get a service appointment!

Having driven just under 500km on my new Tesla I found out that the back door's handle was not coming out often, seems to be a bit stuck. (is this a common issue? any simple solutions?)

I called up Tesla and the earliest appointment date they had for service was in first week of August. They explained it as the time-of-year issue but I am surprised that I have to wait such a long time for someone to even take a look at the car! Is this the usual state of affairs? I have never had to wait for more than a week for such service appointments with earlier car dealers (BMW, Audi).

(Less than happy customer)

Last edited:
Having driven just under 500km on my new Tesla I found out that the back door's handle was not coming out often, seems to be a bit stuck. (is this a common issue? any simple solutions?)

I called up Tesla and the earliest appointment date they had for service was in first week of August. They explained it as the time-of-year issue but I am surprised that I have to wait such a long time for someone to even take a look at the car! Is this the usual state of affairs? I have never had to wait for more than a week for such service appointments with earlier car dealers (BMW, Audi).

I think that there is a difference between calling for an appointment or just show up at the Servicecenter. I have had two issues regarding the Panoroof and both times they gave me a coffee, said that they would take a look at it and fixed it within half an hour.

Ok, I am lucky to live close to the Servicecentre but whenever you are in the neighborhood, just try and who knows they wil solve it right-away.

I heard of another such doorhandle replacement yes. They do however work in double shifts until 11PM and do whatever possible, as I recently experienced: Some rework on a charging unit after the 16A upgrade was carried out in the evening, the sparepart brought in from another SC and home delivered after 11PM. Call them again and "beg" for rescheduling....

You know what, taking hint from Hans's reply I just dropped by Tesla SC at Zuidoost and they fixed it in 10 minutes! According to the technician there was a bug due to which the handles "unlearnt" when the door was open. They just did a reset and all is fine.

Thanks for the idea Hans!

(Over-the-moon customer!)

They're probably prioritizing problems, and a sometimes stuck rear door handle isn't like an issue with charging or driving. With a brand new car I'd wait a few weeks anyway to see if other problems arose and then have them all addressed at the same time.

Inmiddels is de wachttijd voor een afspraak bij SC Amsterdam ZO opgelopen tot 8 weken! Na 2 mailtjes en 3 telefoontjes zonder reactie vorige week zelf maar langsgereden omdat het met de dag vervelender is dat mijn verwarming het amper doet en ik kan 24-11 al terecht.

Weet iemand of het bij andere SC's rustiger is? Ik rij liever even naar bv. Den Haag dan nog 8 weken in de kou.

Inmiddels is de wachttijd voor een afspraak bij SC Amsterdam ZO opgelopen tot 8 weken! Na 2 mailtjes en 3 telefoontjes zonder reactie vorige week zelf maar langsgereden omdat het met de dag vervelender is dat mijn verwarming het amper doet en ik kan 24-11 al terecht.

Weet iemand of het bij andere SC's rustiger is? Ik rij liever even naar bv. Den Haag dan nog 8 weken in de kou.

Ik heb me in Den Haag laten vertellen dat het capaciteitsprobleem in A'dam wordt veroorzaakt door een te kleine werkplaats. Uitwijken naar Den Haag zou dus inderdaad een goede optie kunnen zijn.

Ik heb me in Den Haag laten vertellen dat het capaciteitsprobleem in A'dam wordt veroorzaakt door een te kleine werkplaats. Uitwijken naar Den Haag zou dus inderdaad een goede optie kunnen zijn.

Dit klopt. Ik had ze net aan de telefoon en ze zijn nu voor 1e week december aan het plannen. Nu heb ik geen echte problemen met m'n auto (gewoon reguliere 20.000 km checkup) maar twee maanden wachttijd is wel heel absurd. Tegen die tijd ben ik eerder aan de 30.000 km.
Ze zijn bezig met een ander, groter pand waardoor het capaciteitsprobleem zou moeten verminderen maar dat is logischerwijze geen kwestie van weken. Den Haag was nu begin november aan het plannen wat iets beter is, maar een maand is nog altijd niet bepaald hyperspeed.

Ik heb gevraagd of ik niet in Antwerpen terecht zou kunnen en dat kon op zich: service op een NL-auto kan door elk Europees SC gedaan worden. Ik werk twee dagen per week net buiten Brussel dus Amsterdam of Aartselaar maakt voor mij niets uit. Ze moeten me nog bellen, dan hoor ik of ik daar sneller terecht kan.

Edit: in Aartselaar volgende week donderdag al plek. Geen enkel probleem om met een NL auto te komen.

Last edited: