Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Weeks between order and confirmation is Genius

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are a baaad person.

Who me...little ole me?

I am just curious if you test drove the P+ or P?

Reason I'm asking, most people in Austin test drove the P+, and some ordered P, then realized there is a difference in drive, handling, suspension, etc.

Just trying to help you out--I know you would do the same for me as a fellow Austinite :wink:

Yea, I'm almost done rationalizing the upgrade from 85 to P85, though "rational" seems like an ironic concept at this point.

Well said ausdma. Like I told my wife when we bought our house, "anything you cannot walk away from without regret is an emotional decision". Nothing rational about it. And if you hang out on the boards with Tex long enough it will become and emotional+ decision. :wink:

Don't actually know what it was, but I do remember being blown away. My first test drive was quite a while ago and was before I had done any research on the cars and I don't recall which car it was. I just stumbled into the test drive event at the Domain cause I was there for other reasons. I have a test drive scheduled for next Monday as I am out of town till Sunday.

Don't actually know what it was, but I do remember being blown away. My first test drive was quite a while ago and was before I had done any research on the cars and I don't recall which car it was. I just stumbled into the test drive event at the Domain cause I was there for other reasons. I have a test drive scheduled for next Monday as I am out of town till Sunday.

Good deal--you will want to check that and make sure (there's a difference!).

At my test event in Austin they were all P+, and I knew I didn't want anything else (well I lie, I ordered P, then changed my mind the next morning to + after not sleeping all night)...part of that 'non' rational decision process :wink:

Very glad (for me) that I changed to +, as I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it drives and handles!

Please report back after your P+ drive...

Even the end of the two week period doesn't stop it... I had my order on hold and confirmed in what was ca 3 weeks instead of two (as I couldn't schedule a test drive in the two weeks). And only a few days after confirming I regretted not getting the P so called and upgraded ;)

now it's all locked for me because I've already sent the CoC with the VIN to the KredEx who does the subsistence as well as started the body type registration with it. So if I changed anything that would change the VIN and price I'd have loads of byrocracy to redo and possibly impossible now. So I'm safe from texex lobby ;)