TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2 Weeks between order and confirmation is Genius

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ausdma, Oct 14, 2013.

1. ausdma

ausdma Member

The two week lag between order and confirmation is a genius marketing tool. I'm sure very few people reduce their order in that time period.

2. NoMoDinos

NoMoDinos Member

Yeah, worst mistake of my life was putting off my delivery date a few months... I went from a standard 85 to a P85 to a P85+. Hit the confirm button before it's too late!

3. ausdma

ausdma Member

Yea, I'm almost done rationalizing the upgrade from 85 to P85, though "rational" seems like an ironic concept at this point.

4. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

Yes, I am convinced this is pure genius marketing. I upgraded to P during the two week window.

5. texex91

texex91 Banned

We need another P in Austin--as a matter of fact, while you are 'rationalizing' we really need to chat about the P+.

Did you test drive a P+?

6. ausdma

ausdma Member

You are a baaad person.

7. texex91

texex91 Banned

Who me...little ole me?

I am just curious if you test drove the P+ or P?

Reason I'm asking, most people in Austin test drove the P+, and some ordered P, then realized there is a difference in drive, handling, suspension, etc.

Just trying to help you out--I know you would do the same for me as a fellow Austinite :wink:

8. staze

staze Junior P85 Member

Well said ausdma. Like I told my wife when we bought our house, "anything you cannot walk away from without regret is an emotional decision". Nothing rational about it. And if you hang out on the boards with Tex long enough it will become and emotional+ decision. :wink:

9. ausdma

ausdma Member

Don't actually know what it was, but I do remember being blown away. My first test drive was quite a while ago and was before I had done any research on the cars and I don't recall which car it was. I just stumbled into the test drive event at the Domain cause I was there for other reasons. I have a test drive scheduled for next Monday as I am out of town till Sunday.

10. texex91

texex91 Banned

Good deal--you will want to check that and make sure (there's a difference!).

At my test event in Austin they were all P+, and I knew I didn't want anything else (well I lie, I ordered P, then changed my mind the next morning to + after not sleeping all night)...part of that 'non' rational decision process :wink:

Very glad (for me) that I changed to +, as I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it drives and handles!

Please report back after your P+ drive...

11. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Tell me about it! I went from an S85 to a P85 in the last days before the deadline expired.

12. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Mod Note: Updated the title. Please try to use descriptive titles for new threads.

13. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Even the end of the two week period doesn't stop it... I had my order on hold and confirmed in what was ca 3 weeks instead of two (as I couldn't schedule a test drive in the two weeks). And only a few days after confirming I regretted not getting the P so called and upgraded ;)

now it's all locked for me because I've already sent the CoC with the VIN to the KredEx who does the subsistence as well as started the body type registration with it. So if I changed anything that would change the VIN and price I'd have loads of byrocracy to redo and possibly impossible now. So I'm safe from texex lobby ;)

14. ausdma

ausdma Member

#14 ausdma, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    @AnOutsider
    Sorry....hangs head....