TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2 Weeks into my Roadster Ownership Vin 690 UK

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Perrin21, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Perrin21

Perrin21 Member

Ive had my Tesla Roadster now for just over 2 weeks and I just wanted to post how pleased i am with the car. The one i got is White and seems to have every conceivable optional extra fitted so props to the previous owner for that. Here are some pics, Im sure you will have seen it around, its very distinctive.
    IMG_1778.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1701.jpg
    IMG_1699.jpg

My plan is to fit a removable iPad mini and I've already ordered the OVMS dongle. My previous car was a Nissan GTR but i fell in love with the instant torque and fun handling of the roadster. Ive already put almost 2000 miles on the car just blasting around the lake district in it constantly. I almost met up with another owner when i passed his car parked up charging too. What a coincidence lol. I also fancy one of those CAN devices, is there any planned group buys as i think the price is a little high as a single purchase.

IMG_1781.jpg

2. 7racer

7racer Member

congrats!
    is the blank paint or wrap?
    It looks great either way.

I also have a GT-R but keep it for track duty. The roadster is my daily.

3. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Nice. Stormtrooper theme? I am almost 5 years in, and the instant torque does not get old.

My VIN is 690. I don't think (?) they overlapped VINs overseas...could yours be different?

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Cool. I just bought #330.

Chad there are different VIN sequences for NA and EU I believe.

5. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

OK, great, I didn't think they had done that. Perrin21 is my UK doppelganger.

6. Perrin21

Perrin21 Member

The black and stripes is a matte wrap. Looks like paint through :)