TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2 weeks Model 3 someone rear end me onto traffic

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DDS2020, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DDS2020

DDS2020 New Member

Got Model 3 delivered 3 weeks ago, went on vacation, basically drove it for 2 weeks.

Vancouver driver decides not to stop at merging , almost rear ends me onto another red car going at like 40mph?.
    Dude asked me why I stopped? LOL

Dashcam is amazing.

back view

front view

left side view, almost hit the car coming from the hill,

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.4.1

How bad was the damage? We had less than 300 miles on our newest 3 when it got hit. Fortunately, the damage was pretty minor and the driver paid for a new bumper.

• Like x 1
  3. 1LE McQueen

1LE McQueen Member

Sheesh sorry to see that.

4. DDS2020

DDS2020 New Member

@MorrisonHiker 2k+ CAD. The lower diffuser is scruffed and needs replacement. I am just waiting for parts now. So annoying haha!

5. MorrisonHiker

Ours was just around $1050 US but the other driver paid everything.

Yes, very annoying!

6. DDS2020

DDS2020 New Member

@MorrisonHiker how long did you have to wait for the parts. if he hit me 10 sec later, prob gona be total loss haha

7. MorrisonHiker

Hmm. We were also waiting on the Homelink module as well and I can't remember which part arrived first. Once both parts arrived, we scheduled an appointment and they were installed at the Tesla Service Center.

8. webbah

webbah Member

I feel your pain. Walked out to my car yesterday morning to find this. Fortunately the driver left a note. I feel sorry for her as she was a single mother distracted by her 3 kids while leaving our parking garage. When I first saw it I thought for sure it was some drunk driver or something. Going to be costly for her insurance as I need a new bumper, foam behind bumper, sensors, PPF replaced and the carbon diffuser. Bummer nonetheless. 040FCC4D-3740-4975-AA7D-6019B217B122.jpeg

9. DDS2020

DDS2020 New Member

@webbah nice of her leaving a note, looks like she mistaken reverse and drive (don't ask me how i know, my wife did the same with our AMG last month LOL). Did your dashcam capture the impact?

10. webbah

webbah Member

Actually I don’t typically use Sentry in our garage and have been using the kill switch to disable my Blackvues. It’s a very secure parking garage. Worst case is I would have been able to request video from the parking security cameras and there is one just above and in front of my parking spot.

She was actually driving and one of her kids was screaming for chocolate and she turned her head. She hit the car going rather fast as you can see my car was shifted diagonally in the space from impact.

11. MorrisonHiker

One of the hazards of living in Switzerland, I guess. ;)

Hopefully you are able to get it repaired quickly. Bonne chance!

• Like x 1