Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Weeks Stay at Home lost only 13 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I normally charge to 90% and it would show 270 miles every morning. As of today, I have not driven my Model 3 for 2 weeks. I thought I would lose about 2 miles a day, but turned out it is only about 1 mile per day. I am currently at 257 miles. This is the longest period that I have not driven my car since I got it back in 2018.

That's a lot. I wonder what is the difference. We are both in the same area with the same weather. Any 3rd party app to talk to the car and wakes it up?

How often you "check on it" in the app... what the temperature is where you park (inside, outside etc).\ for starters.... then if there are any third party apps, whether either of you have summon features, whether either of you have gotten software updates, or map updates (both keep the car awake)... etc..etc.. etc

How often you "check on it" in the app... what the temperature is where you park (inside, outside etc).\ for starters.... then if there are any third party apps, whether either of you have summon features, whether either of you have gotten software updates, or map updates (both keep the car awake)... etc..etc.. etc

I almost never checked on the app during the 2 weeks. I did have one software update so I opened the app once and did an update. I think it was 12.1 update. No 3rd party app. I have the adv summon OFF. I park outside in the driveway. The temp was cooler than normal the last 2 weeks. I think about 75 during the day and 55's during the night.

So I just opened my app and check again today. I am now at 256. So I am really losing about 1 mile per day.

@GLM3

Last time I monitored the usage regularly , which was about a year ago, I was loosing on average 6 miles per day. I am sure things have changed with all the firmware updates over that time period. I was out of town recently for three weeks and the phantom drain was very minimal over the two intervals I recorded the results, 3 miles over five days and 2 miles over three days. Also while out of town the car went to sleep soon after exiting and locking the car. When arriving back home after the trip, the M3 stays awake for 4 to 5 hours after every drive. I made no setting changes while out of town or on my return. I always leave my home WiFi extender off unless an update is available.

The car knows it is at home via GPS and that it has successfully connected in the past so it might keep trying to connect for hours. If it is because of the GPS location, there is nothing an owner can do. Can not say for sure what the firmware does but if it can't connect after about five minutes it should give up and assume there is currently no working WiFi connection.

I normally charge to 90% and it would show 270 miles every morning. As of today, I have not driven my Model 3 for 2 weeks. I thought I would lose about 2 miles a day, but turned out it is only about 1 mile per day. I am currently at 257 miles. This is the longest period that I have not driven my car since I got it back in 2018.
Mine loses about 5-10 miles per day (Sentry on), but I get great mileage out on the road.