TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2 weeks with Model X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by electricity, Jul 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. electricity

electricity Member

I allready sold 4 Model X's to friends who took a ride on it, one who has a Ferrari and is ready to sell it. He was praising the fit and finish imagine that! I also took a ride on a mercedes uber the other day and felt the Model X interior had better fit and finish. Car is freaking silent, knock on wood had zero issues with any door. Acceleration is a dream and never gets old even on my 90D. People who have a doubt about getting a X over S should not have any doubts the X is a gazillion cooler experience than the S, also confimed by a Model S owner friend. People who dont like the falcon wing doors are the same type people who would never buy a porsche 911 because a volkwagen will take them from point a to b just like any car. They find zero sex appeal in cars which is ok i guess, but kinda dumb. I dont think there was ever a car that evoked so much love at first sight than the model x when people get to ride it for the first time :)

• Like x 6
  2. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Glad no one I know has an X or I would have a difficult time not buying one to go with the S in the garage!

• Like x 1
  3. llngoc

llngoc Member

IMHO, the Model S and Model X are for different usage and target consumer. The X is a super people hauler and the S is a sports sedan with more cargo room. If I have a choice, I would have both in my garage. ;)

Now, the Model 3 with Ludicrous may replace my 911 Turbo S...

• Like x 1
  4. llngoc

llngoc Member

You should. I would have.

5. electricity

electricity Member

I kinda disagree with this comparison of S and X. I personaly think the S is a bit more fun to drive, lighter, invites you to drive more agressively etc.. but, the X is far closer to a sports car than many sports cars will ever be. The added bonus is the windshield and cool AF doors.

• Like x 2
  6. llngoc

llngoc Member

Just to add. In term of ease of use, the Model S definitely is better as you don't need to think 3-dimensionally as with the FWD. But I definitely think the FWDs are cool and my in-laws appreciate them for the ease of ingress/egress.

As for sportiness, both Model S and Model X are like an BMW M5 and nowhere close to a real sports car like a 911 GT3 or even a Cayman. But definitely plenty fun to drag race especially with Insane/Ludicrous mode. In fact, my wife prohibited me to add the L to our Model X after we had a S loaner with Insane mode for a week. My daughter loved it though, she thinks it was more fun than roller coasters at the theme part. :D And it actually felt faster than the 911 TT-S in launch mode due to the instant torque although the 911 TT-S have faster 0-60 on paper.

• Like x 1
  7. electricity

electricity Member

The 911 is a special car. Imagine if they ever make one electric 0-60 in 1.5 seconds or something crazy like that hahaha

8. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Resistance is futile. :cool:

• Like x 2