Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 x M3's on my account? One was returned 3 weeks ago.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my account I show 2 Model 3's. The first one I returned do to an issue they could not find and I was in my 7 days. Then I ordered and received a 2nd one (identical to the first one) in about 2 weeks.

I have still not received my money back from the first one but they say it could take up to a month but I hope they did everything needed to return it.

I still see the first one but when I try select it it says in service. Anyone else had this before?

On my account I show 2 Model 3's. The first one I returned do to an issue they could not find and I was in my 7 days. Then I ordered and received a 2nd one (identical to the first one) in about 2 weeks.

I have still not received my money back from the first one but they say it could take up to a month but I hope they did everything needed to return it.

I still see the first one but when I try select it it says in service. Anyone else had this before?

When you return the car, what happens to the license and registration paid to the state? I'm assuming sales tax gets returned to you just like returning any goods at any store.

The license and reg you paid is gone forever? You don't get that refunded. Correct?

Do they hassle you? Is it as easy as the Elon and the sales advisors say?

I'm curious what they do with the car. It's technically not NEW anymore, so they can't resale it as new. Test vehicle? Used sale? Loaner...

The license and reg you paid is gone forever? You don't get that refunded. Correct?

Do they hassle you? Is it as easy as the Elon and the sales advisors say?

I'm curious what they do with the car. It's technically not NEW anymore, so they can't resale it as new. Test vehicle? Used sale? Loaner...

I have not seen any money from my return yet, but I expect the credit union will get their full amount refunded, I will get the $2500 credit card refunded and my trade value sent to me in a check in the mail. Includes everything.

My case was that the car was un-driveable and a danger on the road and they could not fix it in the two days I had left to return it. (returned on day 7). They were very good in accepting the return and understood my concern about a brand new car having the kind of problems it had. All in all I lost about $800 in the sales tax trade difference. Sales tax is 3% on the price less the trade. My trade was 28k so about $800.

I dunno what they going to do with the car, if they can find the problem, they may make it a loaner... They probably sent it back to the factory,

I just wish they would refund the money quicker, it has been close to a month now.

• Informative
Reactions: russelljohnson
I have not seen any money from my return yet, but I expect the credit union will get their full amount refunded, I will get the $2500 credit card refunded and my trade value sent to me in a check in the mail. Includes everything.

My case was that the car was un-driveable and a danger on the road and they could not fix it in the two days I had left to return it. (returned on day 7). They were very good in accepting the return and understood my concern about a brand new car having the kind of problems it had. All in all I lost about $800 in the sales tax trade difference. Sales tax is 3% on the price less the trade. My trade was 28k so about $800.

I dunno what they going to do with the car, if they can find the problem, they may make it a loaner... They probably sent it back to the factory,

I just wish they would refund the money quicker, it has been close to a month now.

25+ days and counting for my refund... have received zero communications.

48 days and counting for me

I submitted a consumer complaint to the Attorney General of California and I encourage those of you that think 30+ days for a refund is unacceptable, to do the same.

Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company

Unless the refund is being disputed by Tesla, there's no reason it should take that long. They should also be liable to pay back any interest accumulated or finance charges incurred from the $40,000+ balance they are holding.