Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 year anniversary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our car was delivered 2 years ago today and almost exactly 4 years from our March 31, 2016 order date. It has been nothing less than extraordinary in the time we’ve had it. Our range anxiety immediately evaporated when we took a trip right after we got it. Superchargers are easy to find and fast.
We had solar installed and now have monthly electric bills of $14. That was also an excellent decision, as it will pay for itself in about 5 years.

There are so many things I love about the car, but these are just a few:
No keys - we changed our house lock to an August, so all I need is my phone
Instant torque
Updates keep making it better
Silence
Driving as much as I want without impacting the environment
Minimal styling
Futuristic, especially the screen and ventilation
Spectacular to drive
Sentry
Multiple cameras
Glass roof
Seeing people in line for gas at Costco
When I get into other cars & realize how dated they are, no matter how new

The only thing I miss is a sunroof.
Thank you, Tesla!!! ❤️
A1B65C7B-E5CF-4C3A-B470-66E04BD0667E.jpeg
AB604198-036B-4B07-B3B9-27A4ECE7B8B6.jpeg

I still think the maintenance on this thing is ridiculous. I mean, I actually had to put windshield washer fluid in it the other day after only 11,000 miles. C'mon Tesla, can't you build a more reliable car that doesn't require me to engage in this exhausting and tedious task?!?

:D

Great post @trojaneen - thanks! How did you get that cool overhead shot? Did you take control of a spy satellite?

Picked mine up 1 year ago today. 15,891 miles later I agree with everything in this post. Took it to the local Toyota dealer 40 miles away for it’s annual NYS inspection last Wednesday. While it was on the lift they let me come out to the service bay and look at the underneath. Nice! Every mechanic and sales rep at the location were drooling . They asked many great questions. Congratulations to all owners.

Attachments

• 71CF12A5-906D-4EAC-8757-7B587DCAE188.jpeg
    71CF12A5-906D-4EAC-8757-7B587DCAE188.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 74
After 2 years, even though you love the car, is there anything you've come to dislike?

At least for me most of my issues over the past two years have been fixed with software updates. I wish some of you newer owners could experience what the software was like when I first got my 3. Not to say that the software was particularly bad at the start, but the sheer amount of things my 3 can do now compared to when I first got it is staggering.

There are still a handful of things I wish the car handled differently, like radio favorites. I’m not a fan of one list of favorites for all audio sources. I would prefer only Slacker favorites being displayed when I’m listening to Slacker, only FM favorites when tuned to an FM station, etc. And also I wish I could tell the nav which supercharger stops I prefer. On longer drives the nav can make some very odd choices about which superchargers to stop at so I will sometimes just tell the nav one supercharger destination at a time instead of putting in my full route.

Our car was delivered 2 years ago today and almost exactly 4 years from our March 31, 2016 order date. It has been nothing less than extraordinary in the time we’ve had it. Our range anxiety immediately evaporated when we took a trip right after we got it. Superchargers are easy to find and fast.
We had solar installed and now have monthly electric bills of $14. That was also an excellent decision, as it will pay for itself in about 5 years.

Instant torque
Silence
Minimal styling
Spectacular to drive
Sentry
Multiple cameras
Glass roof

Thank you, Tesla!!! ❤️
View attachment 526079 View attachment 526080
I am one month a versary and I have to say my white on white M3 is my absolute love - it brightens up my whole day even living under coronavirus lockdown in London - locked away in my own little universe - absolutely love these cars - could not recommend this highly enough - if you are reading this and still deciding whether to buy a M3 I say go ahead and buy it without a second thought - these are not just cars they are a new way of living and such a clean and easy way that is xx

15 months - 45,000 km in Toronto, Canada - love my LR M3. I purchased this with hesitation but will do it again! It is so much fun driving this car !!. There are few things I wish was better:
1. Paint = front end has so many chips - a wrap is a must.
2. Automatic trunk close plus some trunk bag hooks
3. A spare wheel
4. Seat belt height adjustment
5. A way to fill windshield washer fluid without opening the frunk. In colder days, the frunk sometimes freezes - just when the washer fluid runs low :). Specially when there is slush spray followed by drop in temp.

5. A way to fill windshield washer fluid without opening the frunk. In colder days, the frunk sometimes freezes - just when the washer fluid runs low :). Specially when there is slush spray followed by drop in temp.

I don't know of any cars where you can fill the washer fluid without opening the hood or similar. I'm sure they exist, but in my experience they are rare (well, in my experience, they are non-existent, but I am sure there is something out there).

Instant torque
Silence
Minimal styling
Spectacular to drive
Sentry
Multiple cameras
Glass roof

Thank you, Tesla!!! ❤️

Had ours in about a month ago for our "two year maintenance visit." Maintenance consisted of checking brake fluid for boiling point (it was well over the spec), rotating the tires, changing the cabin filter, changing the wiper blades and adding wiper fluid. Total cost: $114 for two years of maintenance thus far. To say that we are pleased at the cost is an understatement. People who don't own Teslas don't realize how much cheaper they are to run and maintain.

We also have Tesla Solar and two Powerwall 2s in place. Our electricity cost, including the amortization of the cost of the solar and batteries is about $200 per month. That is less than our gasoline bills alone used to be for two cars. Amazing!

After 15months, what I didn't realize was how much time I used to spend looking at gas station pricing signs, making mental notes on which ones had good prices. Now, I've stopped looking and couldn't be happier. Strangely, I now look to see if any stations have put in EV charging posts.

I too love my model 3 - just picked it up seven days ago and sadly can't use it as we're in London lockdown - so have just joined this group as a surrogate for actually driving - and find the threads fascinating!

However, without wanting to be a party-pooper, we can't actually say we don't impact the environment at all. Apparently even the best electric cars can't avoid polluting through particulates that come off the brake pads and tyres.

Having said that, it's a pin-prick compared to all the other cars around and it's so wonderful to be able to breathe clean air in this city again. Let's hope we can keep the air clean when this is all over.

At least for me most of my issues over the past two years have been fixed with software updates. I wish some of you newer owners could experience what the software was like when I first got my 3. Not to say that the software was particularly bad at the start, but the sheer amount of things my 3 can do now compared to when I first got it is staggering.

There are still a handful of things I wish the car handled differently, like radio favorites. I’m not a fan of one list of favorites for all audio sources. I would prefer only Slacker favorites being displayed when I’m listening to Slacker, only FM favorites when tuned to an FM station, etc. And also I wish I could tell the nav which supercharger stops I prefer. On longer drives the nav can make some very odd choices about which superchargers to stop at so I will sometimes just tell the nav one supercharger destination at a time instead of putting in my full route.
one plus/minus for me after 15 months. . .built low to the ground so I love the way it handles, but at 70 it gets harder to get in and out. I agree with all the pluses listed, most amazing toy I've ever owned.