Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 years 5 months still no roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Miami florida- I ordered my solar tile roof July 2020. I needed a new roof to get proper insurance and I’m a multi Tesla car owner, or at least was. I’ve been aggressively trying to get this moving as after 2 years, a 10” rain storm and hurricane Ian NOW I have roof problems where a ceiling caved in. Tesla came out June to validate the roof, left and nothing. I contacted them to hear all frozen until October. Called mid October and now they say 6-12 months OR MORE!!! WTF!!!

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Not sure why my picture of the ceiling caving in didn’t post but here it is. Now 2 years of replacing three tarp roof, come on Elon…

Attachments

• AFE473FE-1F67-4CBD-BB95-54A89DDA6EC7.jpeg
    AFE473FE-1F67-4CBD-BB95-54A89DDA6EC7.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 120
It is 2 years and 9 months for us. We ordered on Feb 2020 and got the same response from them. We have also incurred many expenses during this waiting period and canceling this project is not an option for us.

Why would anyone would allow themselves to be given the runaround like this for 2+ years and still want to go through with the project?

Can you imagine service improving once they have your $50-100k? Intertwining my fate with a company like this for the expected lifetime of a roof is a hard pass from me.

Reactions: sunwarriors
It is 2 years and 9 months for us. We ordered on Feb 2020 and got the same response from them. We have also incurred many expenses during this waiting period and canceling this project is not an option for us.

Yeah, you're not doing yourself any favors and I don't see you will finish before NEM3.0.

If you don't do solar before NEM3.0, you may just skip solar completely. Not sure why cancelling is not an option, but Tesla may cancel it and now, you're forced to cancel.

Having ugly panels like the 95% of other folks isn't the worst thing in the world.

Another thing to consider is Tesla wanted to raise solar roof prices by a lot. They backed off since they would lose the court case.

Maybe they are now seeing a good way to get out of those contracts is maybe just not do them anymore at all and get out of the market completely. Maybe wait 5/10 years, restart and minimize lawsuits.

From that article:
In the email, Tesla writes that it is no longer servicing the areas where those customers are located. We have received reports from customers in major solar markets including the greater Los Angeles area, Northern California, Oregon, and Florida.

Last edited: