Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Yoke vids…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Tesla Raj and the guy w the cartier bracelet seem ok...

It's still not as effortless as a full circle steering wheel. It's awkward because there's always at least a hand touching the yoke at any given time.

Not so with the conventional full circle steering wheel. After turning the steering wheel a few rounds, I could just release my hands and let the wheel spins back, recoils back and I can let it slides under my hands and use hand friction to brake or grab it back any time to control the speed of spinning/recoiling back.

20 years ago I moved to the UK for a few years and took my driver test there. They were very hung up on your hands never leaving the wheel, you shuffled them along the rim - never crossing them over which causes you to lift one off. Unless this has changed, it will cause them conniptions.

Reactions: TessP100D
I'm ready for something different. Remember, there were many saying that the wheel will never make it into production. I think this is a great feature to see the driver screen without obstructions.

Besides, I don't remember Dave ever having a problem with it.

knight rider.jpg

Reactions: Ron_M3