Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 yr service, 12v swap, aftermarket air intake screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had mobile service come for a 2 year inspection. I’m at 30.1k miles. Total cost was $155. I didn’t have them rotate tires (I do that separately). They swapped the 12v prophylactically at my request, and did preventative sealing of front control arm joints though I wasn’t seeing an issue yet and didn’t say anything about it. The tech said my cabin air intake screen was a great idea and couldn’t see any reason it would be a problem. YMMV.

On a tangent regarding 12v batteries, the 12v in our ‘17 Kia Soul EV just died. 5 minutes and $150 to swap at the local Batteries & Bulbs store. I was able to quickly and easily jump it in the meantime with a portable jump starter - an essential piece of kit I keep in the trunk for each of my cars.

I had mobile service come for a 2 year inspection. I’m at 30.1k miles. Total cost was $155. I didn’t have them rotate tires (I do that separately). They swapped the 12v prophylactically at my request, and did preventative sealing of front control arm joints though I wasn’t seeing an issue yet and didn’t say anything about it. The tech said my cabin air intake screen was a great idea and couldn’t see any reason it would be a problem. YMMV.

On a tangent regarding 12v batteries, the 12v in our ‘17 Kia Soul EV just died. 5 minutes and $150 to swap at the local Batteries & Bulbs store. I was able to quickly and easily jump it in the meantime with a portable jump starter - an essential piece of kit I keep in the trunk for each of my cars.
Hello. If you dont mind me asking, how many miles do you have on your vehicle now and any concerns?

Thank you much.