Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Gray performance wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
909C948E-C45F-437E-A348-B9A5EE635E4B.jpeg
Just showing a friend what the car I’m waiting for will look like when I noticed the wheels are now Grey or Gray in Tesla terms on the configurator. Looks better I think!
75ED3EB5-3567-42AC-9C23-2545B10881EF.jpeg

They look cool, I generally prefer darker wheels.

Also noticed the LR now has the same Aero wheels as the SR+ and that's the only option when custom odering an LR. In fact all the wheels are now one option only for each version.

Perhaps they are minimising the the options/differences between the versions to make deliveries quicker.

They look cool, I generally prefer darker wheels.

Also noticed the LR now has the same Aero wheels as the SR+ and that's the only option when custom odering an LR. In fact all the wheels are now one option only for each version.

Perhaps they are minimising the the options/differences between the versions to make deliveries quicker.
Aero's only been available on SR+ & LRAWD for a while now.

Grey 20" are nice, I bought the silver 20" performacnce wheels a few weeks ago and have been planning on powercoating them grey. Guess they will look standard now!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

How is this a thing? Silver wheels just disappear overnight? You can't even choose, it's grey or nothing. Grey definitely works better on some paint colours than others, and it's more polarising than silver which - as it's typical on most cars - doesn't usually look wrong.

I would've assumed that the wheel aesthetics and colour would've been something factored in to the design of the car, and the paint colours that were available for it. Apparently not though, the wheel colours just change on a whim, without warning. I fully expect for silver to come back if someone moans at Elon on Twitter, or for a third colour to take its place, or something else - leaving anyone who orders the grey ending up with a unicorn car that they have to wait longer for ala the LR+towbar debacle.

I don't have a problem with grey wheels, but I do have a problem with silver just vanishing. I was looking to buy a blue M3P early next year and silver wheels definitely looks better on that (in my opinion). Having the choice of silver or grey would be fine, but there is no choice now.

I don't know how anyone is expected to have any confidence in pricing, options, etc when Tesla keep pulling this crap. This is like when the white interior disappeared for like 3 (?) days until someone spoke to Elon on Twitter and he resurrected it. It's madness.

Cue "If you don't like rolling the Tesla options & pricing tombola then don't buy it, it's disruptive!!11" zealots.

Aero's only been available on SR+ & LRAWD for a while now.

Grey 20" are nice, I bought the silver 20" performacnce wheels a few weeks ago and have been planning on powercoating them grey. Guess they will look standard now!

How much did Tesla Uk sting you for the wheels? I presume about £500 each? Did they come with the TPMS valves or are they extra?

Durzel I agree, I think you should have a choice of wheel colour, when I ordered they were silver, who knows what colour I will get but happy with the grey on a white car. As you say Silver I think looks better with some colours.

How much did Tesla Uk sting you for the wheels? I presume about £500 each? Did they come with the TPMS valves or are they extra?

Durzel I agree, I think you should have a choice of wheel colour, when I ordered they were silver, who knows what colour I will get but happy with the grey on a white car. As you say Silver I think looks better with some colours.
Got mine off someone who took them off their new performance model so came with tyres and TPMS. Think Tesla charge 2.5-3k for them

The new Grey wheels look good on White, not sure on the rest of the colours, I’m probably a couple of ships off seeing mine, late Sept order, so I could end up with them, not convinced they’ll look good on MSM!

They could work but the car will definitely need de-chroming with such dark wheels.

Need to see some real world pictures of them.

Prediction:
Silver 20" alloys will be the Q42019 equivalent of the Q32019 19" wheel shortage issue. I predict long waits for later orders with silver 20" P+'s.
They dont take things off the configurator for no reason.

Greys look good on white cars though...

I doubt it as they won’t be delivering anywhere near the same volumes this quarter in the U.K. compared to q3