Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” better than 19”??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day folks! First time here. I currently own an EV6 and I love it. However I’ve been trying to convince myself to get a Tesla.

Anyways, because I chose a smooth ride over almost anything, I always test drive model Y’s with 19” rims. 2022 ride quality isn’t the best. 2023 model is slightly better, however, yesterday I was stuck driving one with 20” rims. And it felt way better. Is this my imagination? Or has anyone else experienced a better, smoother, quieter ride with the 20” wheels?

If you search around you'll see some are convinced the 2023's have a more compliant suspension though there are mixed opinions and nothing "confirmed" AFAIK. Search top right - select "this forum" then type in "comfort" or "comfort suspension" above. I should add if you value comfort above all else save yourself the grief and don't order the MY. I love it but comfort is not my No. 1 and others will complain to NO END of how "harsh" etc.. it is. Be prepared for a barrage of righteous indignation to follow... :rolleyes::rolleyes: YMMV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0