Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Cyberstream Wheels on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn it…lol… there’s a guy in a couple hours away from me selling a set
Go for it and be the beta tester the rest of us need!😂 Seriously though, check out this thread. A guy put refresh Plaid 21” arachnids in previous a 2017 S. He claims no rub and that’s with larger tires. If that worked, Cyberstreams should be no problem.

I also wanted to buy a set of these and did a quick photoshop from the images on Tesla's website, doing my best to center and overlay the rims exactly as they are pictured from the website Model X image onto the website Model S image. With the right tires I think these will fit with no problems, I've done it before with the older 20" slipstreams. Here ya go.

tesla_model_s_cyberstream.png

tesla_cyberstreams_rear.png

Last edited:
I also wanted to buy a set of these and did a quick photoshop from the images on Tesla's website, doing my best to center and overlay the rims exactly as they are pictured from the website Model X image onto the website Model S image. With the right tires I think these will fit with no problems, I've done it before with the older 20" slipstreams. Here ya go.

View attachment 868524
View attachment 868534
This is perfect! Thanks for doing this. The older Model X slipstreams have a different offset so there is a slight variance. Let’s see whose going to try it first.

Reactions: flyingfish28
This is most interesting. The offset of these wheels is 5mm less than the oem refresh S but the reduction in width by a half inch for the fronts and rears means these new wheels will have an inner rim which is 11.4mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 1.3mm less than before. That means no rubbing whatsoever.

the reduction in wheel width by a half inch means 265/40/20 and 295/35/20 fitment in the rear will be meaty looks wise too.

I think these wheels are also a couple of lbs lighter than the 21” ones, which is good.

Reactions: SilverGS
This is most interesting. The offset of these wheels is 5mm less than the oem refresh S but the reduction in width by a half inch for the fronts and rears means these new wheels will have an inner rim which is 11.4mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 1.3mm less than before. That means no rubbing whatsoever.

the reduction in wheel width by a half inch means 265/40/20 and 295/35/20 fitment in the rear will be meaty looks wise too.

I think these wheels are also a couple of lbs lighter than the 21” ones, which is good.
Correction in my calculations

Oem refresh S has a 40 offset in the front, 45 offset in the rear. The 20” cyberstreams offsets are a 40 front / 35 rear.

This means the front pokes out 6mm more and is 6mm away from the strut

The rear pokes out 3mm more and is 16mm away from the strut.

Still no fouling

Reactions: SilverGS
My 2023 S comes with 19” all season and I am debating whether if I should go 21” staggered just like OEM fitment or 20” with 20x10 (285/35/20) all around. Can anyone share what are the pros & Cons of those selections?
Other than the obvious opportunity to rotate wheels on a square setup (which I don’t believe is needed on a dual motor car as the wear is uniform), the choice as you’ve laid out is a difference in driving styles and efficiency results

Driving styles - the 285 in the front will make steering less nimble but also eliminate any understeer potential due to a bigger contact patch

Efficiency - the “compromise” offset ona. Square setup will give you a much more aggressive (poke outside fender) stance in the front which will hurt efficiency by about 10-15%. The wider tire patch in the front will also hurt efficiency somewhat.

Reactions: py0413 and ag21
Other than the obvious opportunity to rotate wheels on a square setup (which I don’t believe is needed on a dual motor car as the wear is uniform), the choice as you’ve laid out is a difference in driving styles and efficiency results

Driving styles - the 285 in the front will make steering less nimble but also eliminate any understeer potential due to a bigger contact patch

Efficiency - the “compromise” offset ona. Square setup will give you a much more aggressive (poke outside fender) stance in the front which will hurt efficiency by about 10-15%. The wider tire patch in the front will also hurt efficiency somewhat.
Thank you for explanation. I wish to give the S a sportier driving character. I under it’s a big and heavy luxury cruiser, however, I also wish making small changes like upgrading wheel/tires and a rear sway bar can at least give it some improvement. In the case if I want to enhance the handling and nimbleness, I guess 21” staggered setup is the one I should be going after?

Thank you for explanation. I wish to give the S a sportier driving character. I under it’s a big and heavy luxury cruiser, however, I also wish making small changes like upgrading wheel/tires and a rear sway bar can at least give it some improvement. In the case if I want to enhance the handling and nimbleness, I guess 21” staggered setup is the one I should be going after?
I don’t think the oem 21s will enhance driving character over the 19s, rather they will hurt it because the 21” oem tire / wheel combo is heavier than the 19”.

Now if you are going to get aftermarket forged 21” wheels that are lighter than the oem cast 19” wheels, then yes you will see handling improvement. I went with forged aftermarket 20” staggered wheels in oem width as that also gave me the most load rating capable tire.

To get the best handling improvement you also need to lose the cast brake rotors and replace them with 2-piece rotors from MountainPass Performance (MPP) or racing brake or unplugged performance. (UP)

Additionally, the suspension links on the refreshes S have a lot of rubber bushings that hurt driving character a lot because they twist under load and make the car’s handling very sluggish. MPP and UP make replacement links with sealed spherical bearings that fix this.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari