Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” forged wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a fellow white S owner with grey 20" VS Forged wheels...I say great choice!

(also square setup in 20x9 with same size tires)
(also through Get Your Wheels)

FYI I did have a chance to weigh mine (style VS08) before mounting and they came out to 21.8 lbs.
I PM’ed you last year for all the info on your wheels, that’s why I bought these! Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Dukeybootie
Likewise, I’m a little disappointed in the range hit. I didn’t fully realize that reducing the “face” surface area of the wheel has the largest impact on range. My 30k mile average is 329 kw/mi. For the first 800 miles it’s been 360 kw/mi. Granted, I installed these mid December so that doesn’t give an accurate “year round” average. Still worth it though.

if there were after market aero-caps that would clip on to them for road trips I’d buy them!

It may also be due to the higher rolling resistance of the A/S 3+ vs. the stock touring tires. I also put my tires on as the mercury dipped (late October) so it's difficult to get a 1:1 comparison. The initial 1,000 miles of any tire are also less efficient.

I'm not sure if it's specifically the "face" of the wheels. I have no way of measuring that, but I have a fair amount of spokes and I still have the range hit. My previous wheels were 19" cyclones. Our wheels are now closer to the fenders which may also affect aero slightly.

TSW wheels.jpg

I'd be interested to hear experiences on range from those who have gone from MXM4s (or your Goodyears) to A/S 3+ on the same wheels.

Reactions: All In and Flyguy