Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Gray performance wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out that I am getting the grey wheels. I am pretty peaved! I am the opposite to most on the forum, black wheels on black cars look good, but I like silver on white and coloured cars. I think am going to get them stripped and polished. I was even thinking of after market, but Tesla won't buy them back. Pretty annoying, because as someone said, silver they will probably be back as an option in a couple of months!

Reactions: Noel83
I just found out that I am getting the grey wheels. I am pretty peaved! I am the opposite to most on the forum, black wheels on black cars look good, but I like silver on white and coloured cars. I think am going to get them stripped and polished. I was even thinking of after market, but Tesla won't buy them back. Pretty annoying, because as someone said, silver they will probably be back as an option in a couple of months!
You’re bound to find someone on here who will swap ... worst case is you’ll have to buy up with slightly worn tyres

This post is pointless now lol, after I just saw where you are from, but to anyone else, I would happily swap, my 20" Silver, just done 1k miles, and now are off the car, I have put 18" winters on rims and tyres. In fact I would happily sell 20" wheels and tyres as I doubt I will fit again. Those tyres though on the 20" are the best summer tyres I have ever used, in the wet they are amazing (not sure how much of it is the car though).

Those tyres though on the 20" are the best summer tyres I have ever used, in the wet they are amazing (not sure how much of it is the car though).

This. Was tempted to put on all weather tyres on the winter rims that I have got on the basis I might run them all year round. However I don’t think anything will come close to the performance of the Pilot Sport 4S for the M3P+

This. Was tempted to put on all weather tyres on the winter rims that I have got on the basis I might run them all year round. However I don’t think anything will come close to the performance of the Pilot Sport 4S for the M3P+

TBH I have run high performance winter tyres on a few high performance vehicles all year around, never had a problem, they actually wore far better than I thought they would, because I could not be bothered to swap over the tyres on the rims, but running the 18"s with Nokians WR4's although early days seem pretty dam good too, almost as quiet, but already seeing a difference in battery usage.

Reactions: Tatoo1
This post is pointless now lol, after I just saw where you are from, but to anyone else, I would happily swap, my 20" Silver, just done 1k miles, and now are off the car, I have put 18" winters on rims and tyres. In fact I would happily sell 20" wheels and tyres as I doubt I will fit again. Those tyres though on the 20" are the best summer tyres I have ever used, in the wet they are amazing (not sure how much of it is the car though).

can you notice a difference with the 18’s? I have some Continental TS860 S winters on the way, I’m expecting great things from reviews.

can you notice a difference with the 18’s? I have some Continental TS860 S winters on the way, I’m expecting great things from reviews.

I think they are slightly noisier, very slight mind you, anything else not really, Regen prob slightly stronger, too early to tell, expecting better range, as the 18"s I fitted much lighter. Conti TS860's suppose to be good, so should be similar.

I’ve gone for the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 for my 18” as they were on offer at Costco. Won’t get a chance to put them on until beginning of December. Will report back on the winter wheels thread.

I was mega impressed with them last year on my previous Volvo, I would have bought them again but they don’t make them in the 20” wheel size! You made a great choice!

Reactions: Tatoo1
How much would you want for this old set of wheels you dont use.... just out of curiosity

I think they are just over 13 kg compared to 14.5 kg for the Ubers.
Thanks! Is there any data to support? I’ve been searching for the specs but oddly cannot find.

If so, roughly 3lbs per wheel lighter or around 29lbs/wheel Vs 32. Not bad :)

I run the.V1’s with Yoko Avid + ASeasons and I don’t seem to see any greater kw/Km usage Vs the 19” summers I used to run :)