Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Induction disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my claim accepted. £75 for three alloys. The quote is £100 per wheel. I have one claim left this year - 8 claims left. I’m hoping I’m more careful.
The policy was £182. So I’m still up.
Apologies if it's buried somewhere up in the thread - I have looked, but might have missed it - but could you give a few more details on this cover...? Almost certainly too late for me - I've grazed all four alloys and, before someone comments sagely, yes, I do know the width of the car 😉 - and we'll just have to see what the inspector concludes when we hand it back in a couple of years... But it would be nice to know. Thanks!

Apologies if it's buried somewhere up in the thread - I have looked, but might have missed it - but could you give a few more details on this cover...? Almost certainly too late for me - I've grazed all four alloys and, before someone comments sagely, yes, I do know the width of the car 😉 - and we'll just have to see what the inspector concludes when we hand it back in a couple of years... But it would be nice to know. Thanks!
I took our GAP with Motor Easy and they discounted their alloy cover to £180 with 3-years 4 claims each year. It won’t cover the the cost of a replacement wheel. But they provide a specific amount towards one. I think my policy covers the first £250 for each wheel.

I don't have Turbine or Induction wheels but for those who do, I have just spotted a new rim protector product specifically for Teslas. YouTube Jeremiah Johns/magbak
or http://creators.magbak.com
They work for cure and prevention. Looks impressive.
I do like the idea of these and they seem to look good. I’d be interested to know if they leave a marks (the OEM hub caps leave scratch’s on the M3 18’s over time). They don’t appear to be on sale in the Uk, unless some can signpost us otherwise?

I paid £180 for the cover. It doesn’t cover the replacement of the alloy wheels but it covers for 4x claims each year for three years. I’m about to make a claim for two.

Hmmm quoting me £280 for 36 months cover……is that an annual price or for the full term?

I'm also looking if there's a Magbak retailer here in the UK 🖐️ Just bought a MY with 20" induction wheels and have been reading it's a magnet for curb scratches. Sure it's impractical but looks really nice and life is short so went for it ;)

Attachments

• 20230923_155950.jpg
    20230923_155950.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 49
Anyone tried these yet?

• Helpful
Reactions: Zilla91