Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Induction disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they cover the repair up to £200 but with a £100 excess? For a £180 premium?

Am I missing something? Otherwise I fail to see how that would be an interesting policy…
I was replying to the cost of the wheel repair. It’s a £25 access on my policy and it’s capped at £100 per wheel or £150 towards a new wheel. I’ve seen quotes of £100 for the damage on each wheel so £25 excess saves me £175. Or I wait and get all four repaired for a £25 excess.

Just get some paint to match the alloy, it will probably happen again, not worth investing money into repairing them unless you are going to show or the repair before a sale where the value is more than the repair
That's what I've been doing. Got the gun metal paint from Amazon, it works great for crub rashes. Can't see it at all lol sometimes it takes me a while to find the spots I've filled in.

Reactions: init6
I'd love to hear how those of you with insurance get on. As you'll see from my post here - SMART (minor scratch and rents) Insurance - I bought insurance for £400 (three years) thinking it would cover the alloys and minor paint issues. When I finally got around to making a claim, I discovered (yes, I should have the Ts&Cs) that wheels aren't covered at all (and neither are "stone chips" or anything involving a "horizontal surface", including the bonnet). Though I managed to get a partial refund (two unused years 'insurance' minus a hefty admin fee), I'm £160 worse off - and the alloys (and the tiny stone chips) are still there, so I'm currently of the opinion that these insurances are little more a money-making scam.

Very happy to be proved wrong!

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro and init6
I have used ALA for a number of years on previous and current car for return to invoice insurance, and last week I got wheel and tyre insurance for £330 for a 3 year policy.
The T&C's are transparent and I called them up and confirmed the black inductions would be covered & they are. If I damage a tyre I am covered for a new tyre, and a new 20" tyre and 1 repair to an alloy is nearly about I paid for the policy. To me it seems good for peace of mind, especially if you are cutting around on inductions.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
I have used ALA for a number of years on previous and current car for return to invoice insurance, and last week I got wheel and tyre insurance for £330 for a 3 year policy.
The T&C's are transparent and I called them up and confirmed the black inductions would be covered & they are. If I damage a tyre I am covered for a new tyre, and a new 20" tyre and 1 repair to an alloy is nearly about I paid for the policy. To me it seems good for peace of mind, especially if you are cutting around on inductions.
I can vouch for ALA on gap insurance. My car was stolen and they paid out for ‘return to invoice’ (I recommend this level of cover). Once your insurance co payout, they pay almost immediately.

This was a several £k difference from the insurance market value payout. This allowed me to replace the car with a newer/higher model.

Very happy to be proved wrong!
I’ve had a Ford dings and dents coverage £400. It was really good and absolved me from a lot more than what was acceptable damage for a three year lease. I didn’t bother with a third party policy and based on your post I’m glad that I didn’t!

I did buy alloy wheel damage coverage £360. I’ve just put in a claim for three alloys. The paperwork says 4 claims a year.

I’ll report back if they accept the claim for all three.

Reactions: DigbyChicken