Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Induction Wheels on Performance Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We don’t have official confirmation but this pic was posted a while back.

0C9902B6-0AFF-4744-8E51-DD79EA8F06EA.jpeg

Reactions: preilly44
I'd like this configuration as well. I had resigned myself to the larger wheels, but then I found out they're staggered. That's a step too far for a daily driver, IMO.

I want the other items in the Performance Package, though. Maybe someone will trade me for the Inductions when delivery ramps up.

I talked to an OA last week and they clearly stated that the Induction wheels will be available on the LR only. I tweeted @ElonMusk asking for this exact configuration (Performance w/Induction as an option) but I doubt we'll the see a change anytime soon. However maybe Canada will get that combo sooner with all the snow up there (given we've seen multiple pictures of that combo).

As long as the 20" (or 19") not staggered fit for a set of winters I have come to like the fact that the 21" will become the summer wheels. The 21" look good on midnight silver as well and range is clearly not an issue for warmer temps. I do not understand how they can start deliveries without a user manual released; no specs, dimensions etc. This requires a bit of blind faith as far as I am concerned. I understand that tesla has no advertising budget but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I am taking delivery of my Black/Black MY PUP on Friday, June 19th in the Chicagoland area and would also be interested in discussing a trade of the Uberturbine wheels and 21" tires for the Induction wheels and 20" tires. DM me, please. Thanks.