Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Tesla Model 3 Performance Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires and TPMS with 46 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

We just got our Model 3 P3D and I'm super excited. My parents love the car but my mom is not comfortable with the 20-inch wheels so we replaced them with 19's. Since this is her car, they are up for sale for anyone who wants them. See below:

FOR SALE: Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor Performance 20-inch Sport Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires and Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors (TPMS). Wheels and Tires have only 46 miles on them, which means 99.85% of treadwear left. They are in more than perfect condition considering they are ceramic coated with CQuartz DLUX Wheel Coating. Asking $3100 excluding shipping. Please feel free to negotiate within reason.

Includes:
4 x 20X8.5J Sport Wheels
4 x 235/35R20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires
4 x Tire Pressure Sensors with Valve Steam Caps
4 x Tesla Logo Sport Wheel Center Cap Lug Nut Covers
1 x Wheel Trim Removal Tool (Part Number 1044206-00-A)
***Lug nuts not included***

Highlights:
46 miles
99.85% Tread Wear Left
Ceramic Coated CQuartz DLUX
Already Balanced
Factory OEM TPMS
OEM Tires with Foam Insert
No Curb Rash or Damage
$4000 from shop.tesla.com
Savings of $900 + Coating

Price:
$3100 excluding shipping
Willing to negotiate within reason
Shipping at expense of buyer
Free Pickup in Dayton area
Will drive to Cincinnati and maybe Columbus area

Pictures:
20190629_220127_003.jpg

20190629_220200.jpg

20190629_220212.jpg

20190629_220220.jpg

20190629_220230.jpg

20190629_220451.jpg

20190629_220720.jpg

20190629_220951.jpg

20190629_220957.jpg

20190629_220307.jpg

Can they be put on a non-performance Model3? Can any tire shop put them on or do you have to go to a Tesla shop? Do they degrade performance or increase it or no change? I need more clearance for mountain roads.

Did you replaced with Tesla OEM Silver 19" or other brand and color? And what tire size and brand did you get?

The factory OEM Silver 19's will not clear the performance brakes. We replaced them with TSportline TSS Arachnid 19" wheels in space grey. Wheels are 19×8.5.

The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide

Tires are Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack 235/40R19. I highly recomend them!

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....VR9TQTXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Can they be put on a non-performance Model3? Can any tire shop put them on or do you have to go to a Tesla shop? Do they degrade performance or increase it or no change? I need more clearance for mountain roads.

Yes, these can be put on non-performance models. For proof, see this video from Bjorn.

Any tire shop can put them on. I personally used Discount Tire. I personally feel cornering performance increases due to the stiffer sidewall. There are also sporty summer tire and not the Grand Touring all season on the standard model. I don't know what you mean by clearance, but if you mean ground clearance, there is no difference.

Thanks for following up. I'm considering getting 255 to avoid curb rash.

255 is the widest I'd put on a 8.5 width wheel. That said, 255 might not fit and may rub on the edge of the fender. You may want to change your wheel's offset to adjust for that. Also, 255 will definitely reduce your range but should increase your grip. Not worth the trade off just to avoid curb rash in my opinion but that's up to you.

Ok, that is a little too far for me for a spare set of wheels.
Not as difficult as it was 3 years ago when I tried to buy and insure a model s. I had to drive to Cleveland to pick up my M3 and the registration was a mess on Tesla's end.

Reactions: Curryolla
Good to hear you Michigan folks are able to get Teslas easier now! Sorry to hear registration was a mess.

Speaking of Cleveland, I'd be more than willing to drive the wheels up to Cleveland for free if that's easier for you. My brother goes to school there so I go there somewhat often. Let me know if you are still interested.

Yes, these can be put on non-performance models. For proof, see this video from Bjorn.

Any tire shop can put them on. I personally used Discount Tire. I personally feel cornering performance increases due to the stiffer sidewall. There are also sporty summer tire and not the Grand Touring all season on the standard model. I don't know what you mean by clearance, but if you mean ground clearance, there is no difference.
Thanks for your response. It surprises me that the ground clearance would not be at least 1" more since 20 inches is 2 inches more than 18 inches. I guess the difference is lost in a lesser tire depth on the 20 inch wheel. For some strange reason the curbs are higher in AZ and the parking stops occasionally scrape the underside.

Thanks for your response. It surprises me that the ground clearance would not be at least 1" more since 20 inches is 2 inches more than 18 inches. I guess the difference is lost in a lesser tire depth on the 20 inch wheel. For some strange reason the curbs are higher in AZ and the parking stops occasionally scrape the underside.

You are 100% correct. The tires are thinner on the 20s than on the 18s. Great for sporty driving but not for potholes. I've noticed the parking sensor can read curbs pretty well. Tells me I'm exactly 33 inch from the curb and so I just roll up a little from there and done!

Willing to decrease the price. Hit me with your best offer!!!

I also will drive wheels to Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, or anywhere in Ohio for no additional cost. Basically, I'll drive 5-6 hrs from Dayton, Ohio. Shipping is around $400.

Thanks!

I think $2900 is fair considering they are brand new, perfect condition, and ceramic coated. Tires, TPMS all included. Sure, you can get the package from Tesla for $4000. But, I think a savings of $1100 is not a bad idea for someone wanting the 20's.

Doing the math, the tires themselves are $1383.96 from Tire Rack (not including mounting and balancing). The TPMS are $48.74 each from RockAuto so four are $195.84. And the wheels themselves are around $1795-1860 (eBay). Grand total: $3374.80. Plus, wheel coating was $250. So yeah, I think $2900 is fair.