Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” turbine replicas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any photos of member's cars with evwheelsdirect installed?

i have a set of metallic grey in my cart for my model s, but curious if anyone has purchased from this “lower cost provider” and have them installed.

Still like the Axis 21's better! IMG_0796.jpg IMG_0795.jpg

• Love
Reactions: P100DHG.
Axis offers their Model S turbine style wheels in the 20" diameter size, in addition to the 21" version. They are available through Tirerack for less than $1000 for a set of 4. Currently, it appears that the 20" will not be in good supply at Tirerack until this June. I have a set of these Chinese -made wheels that were designed especially for the MS, and I recommend them without reservation. I have the wheels with the (dark grey) Gunmetal finish on a white MS, but I think the same finish would also look great on a red MS. In the past, my two emailed inquiries to Axis regarding their Model S turbine style wheels were promptly answered by the companies owner, a Tesla MS owner.

(Usually disclaimer about having any ties with Axis.....)

Axis offers their Model S turbine style wheels in the 20" diameter size, in addition to the 21" version. They are available through Tirerack for less than $1000 for a set of 4. Currently, it appears that the 20" will not be in good supply at Tirerack until this June. I have a set of these Chinese -made wheels that were designed especially for the MS, and I recommend them without reservation.

can you use the OEM lug nuts or do you have to swap out and use the ones that Axis gives you (if they are a different size???)

also i read about the rubbing problem with the front molding (some people used a heat gun to stretch the plastic while others purchase the revised version of the plastic panel).

did you encounter this issue too?

thanks!

Last edited:
The Tesla OEM lug nuts will not work with Axis wheels. Axis uses a standard lug nut size readily available from Amazon or your local car parts store. The Axis lug nuts take a 19 mm deep socket instead of the 21mm deep socket used with the Tesla nuts.

Occasionally, I've heard scrapping of tires against the wheel arch liners, but only while turning in reverse. I've heard it with Nokian 'Hakkas' snow tires on 19 x 8.5" Rials as well as Michelin Super Sports on 20 x 9" Axis Model S wheels. (I'm using the past tense here since I'm currently running Pirelli Cinturado P7 tires on 19" wheels to maximize range despite their otherwise lousy traction/performance.) I consider the occasional scrapping of the wheel arch liners to be trivial matter. A slight change in the steering ankle of the front wheels usually made it stop. I inspected the wheel arch liners carefully when I had the front wheels off my P85 recently, and could not see any wear... anywhere on them.