Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$20,000 Discount on Ludicrous Mode for existing owners. Still applies to new price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The price structure is Long Range and Performance with Ludicrous mode only.

Will the existing owners still get $20K discount? My guess is that it does not. But it would be awesome if it does.

Screenshot 2019-07-16 00.27.48.png

I somehow really doubt it. The more probable outcome here is that the new price will be the same for everyone.

That's what I think.

But it's so funny if Tesla pulls that. On announcement, it said Tesla values the existing customers and give the Free Ludicrous at no additonal cost. And if it is same for everyone (which I have no problem with), then Tesla is again switching its own words.

Owners never got a "$20,000 discount". They got an option, that was valued at $20,000 at the time, for free. That option is now free for everybody. You guys think they're going to sell you a Ludicrous Performance for the same price as a Long Range? What kind of sense does that make?

Reactions: darxsys
That's what I think.

But it's so funny if Tesla pulls that. On announcement, it said Tesla values the existing customers and give the Free Ludicrous at no additonal cost. And if it is same for everyone (which I have no problem with), then Tesla is again switching its own words.
Demand Lever Pulled and it worked....on me too.... I would still have bought my RavenRefresh but would not have opted for the Performance + L if I had known it would be a free add-on for everyone from that point on. The resale value I had "hoped" might be there because of a $20k feature is now -0- Oh well...another win for the wizard and his demand lever...

upload_2019-7-16_8-52-13.jpeg

Attachments

• 004115P_set.jpeg
    004115P_set.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 41
I ordered a ludicrous Model S yesterday and the total with fsd and my $20000 discount was $103,200, That same car today is 108190, so I guess I got $4990 for customer loyalty. I can't wait to see what this does to my lease payment because of the lower residual value, though.

• Funny
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Hmm. Another food for thought. What if the existing owners request to remove the ludicrous mode if they still honor it?

$79,990 for Performance without Ludicrous Mode... :D

I mean 0-60 for 3.0 second is plenty fast for the majority of population.

Hmm. Another food for thought. What if the existing owners request to remove the ludicrous mode if they still honor it?

$79,990 for Performance without Ludicrous Mode... :D

I mean 0-60 for 3.0 second is plenty fast for the majority of population.

So I am giving you a $20,000 Rolex as a gift, and you're trying to give me my gift back and want $20,000?

Guys... come on.

I can understand being upset about buying recently and then features get added or prices get lowered. But come on, people can claim they were given certain expectations, but I suspect most knew there was a good possibility these things would occur. If I was looking to buy or upgrade I would be excited now. If I bought recently I would reach out to Tesla to see if there is anything they would do to help. If not, I would just enjoy the car, like you would have to if you bought any other car. The fact they do not do traditional model years like the standard car company has* to be taken into account when buying. By traditional model years I mean to say most know that either spring or fall the 2020 will be released and can read about any changes. Not so with Tesla, it's a constant fluid situation in regards to pricing and changes.

At the end of the day, it is the consumer's responsibility to make an educated choice. End of story. Even if someone were to claim they were misled by Tesla it still does not relieve a consumer of doing research and making an informed purchasing decision.

Buy what is available today, not based on a future promise of functionality or whether or not Tesla will keep adding features and not lower pricing. You have no control on the pricing and there are so many variables regarding when and how future features will be working 100%.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard if you didn’t opt for ludicrous at the time of purchase, what the cost to add it on now is? Or if they will even push you the software?

I called my service center today and after a brief hold the service tech said i could purchase it from within my Tesla app with a credit card but i can not for the life of me find it in my app, in the car UI, or in my account page on my mac. He did mention it requires the Performance level but that's been the case forever AFAIK.

I sent tesla an email just now asking for details as well. If I find the option or price, I'll let ya know.

Demand Lever Pulled and it worked....on me too.... I would still have bought my RavenRefresh but would not have opted for the Performance + L if I had known it would be a free add-on for everyone from that point on. The resale value I had "hoped" might be there because of a $20k feature is now -0- Oh well...another win for the wizard and his demand lever...

Except that it killed my P100D order. I received a full price off for my P85D on Sunday and this morning the buyer backed out telling me I either needed to drop the price $10K from what we agreed given that a new P100D just dropped $20K in price. So that sale just vanished and all used Ludicrous optioned Tesla's just took a massive resale hit.

Reactions: boonedocks
Except that it killed my P100D order. I received a full price off for my P85D on Sunday and this morning the buyer backed out telling me I either needed to drop the price $10K from what we agreed given that a new P100D just dropped $20K in price. So that sale just vanished and all used Ludicrous optioned Tesla's just took a massive resale hit.

That is ridiculous. It will take a long time before any of that reflects on the used prices of P85D's. And even when it does I doubt the hit will be anywhere near $10,000.