Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$20,000 off Acura NSX Incentive. Any pitchforks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw that Acura dropped the base price from $159K to $139K to improve uptake of their supercar. Started in March. I wonder if they’re giving anything back to those who ordered in February?

Per the article, they did it via their dealer network, verse Tesla that puts it out there on their main order page.

Acura slaps $20,000 discount on 2019 NSX in an effort to sell more supercars

Food for thought. The big guys alter pricing all the time, it is just not transparent.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: Brando and Shateam
I just saw that Acura dropped the base price from $159K to $139K to improve uptake of their supercar. Started in March. I wonder if they’re giving anything back to those who ordered in February?

Per the article, they did it via their dealer network, verse Tesla that puts it out there on their main order page.

Acura slaps $20,000 discount on 2019 NSX in an effort to sell more supercars

Food for thought. The big guys alter pricing all the time, it is just not transparent.

On behalf of all Acura owners, we need to get Fred on the case!

• Funny
Reactions: Brando and byeLT4
4,000 is chunky for a four door sedan like the 3, but much of that weight is under the cabin, so it wears it well. Typical similar ICE will weigh 3600-3800.

The NSX is a low-slung Lamborghini-looking two door two seater... 3900 is way too much weight for $130k. For me anyway;)

The NSX is a low-slung Lamborghini-looking two door two seater... 3900 is way too much weight for $130k. For me anyway;)

I completely agree with you. I'm a Honda guy and I wish Acura made the NSX lighter and less complicated - that said, I may still order one. I'm looking for a 2 seater..... Some of the added weight is from the 3 electric motors (in addition to the twin turbo V6) and the battery.

If I take away the acceleration of the P3D, I prefer driving my 1997 NSX more - it's possible I just miss shifting. My P3D feels heavy to me though .....just my opinion.