Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20,000km service/6 months ownership comments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, anyone went in for the 20,000km/1 year servicing recently? What's the wait time like? I'm fearful of the dreaded "leave your car at the service center for 2 weeks after date of appointment before any tech is available to work on it". How's the courtesy car situation these days?

Has anyone, maybe Roadster owners, done gearbox oil change (yes there is actually still a gear box with 1 gear step up from the electric motors)? In all the cars I've known with "life time fluids" in gear related mechanisms, they always fail if the fluids are never changed. It's not listed on the 20k km servicing items list though and wondered if I CAN special request that at the service center (or get a blank look from the reps).

So after 6 months and 19,600kms, I have experienced 0 issues that was the fault of the car which required me to go back to the service center. The only time I went back was in the beginning when the techs forgot to remove a windshield wiper fluid hose clamp during pre delivery inspection; as well as when a monkey ripped out my roof seals when I parked to go hiking at Kam Shan. Squeaks developed in the colder winter time at the drive side rear door handle (when it extends/retracts); I procrastinated in making an appointment to go back to Tesla and when the weather warmed, the squeaking went away.

Compared to an ICE vehicle I probably would've been hit with 4 or 5 maintenance check ups with the dealer already costing $$$$$$. Seems the only major expenditure on the Tesla is just tires. Used the OEM 21" tires for about 4k kms and been on aftermarket 20" with performance all seasons for 16k kms so far with probably another 2-4k kms life left. Will write up on tire review when it's time to change up.