Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20.49.0 still installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still on 20.40.3. My system was installed via 3rd party mid March 2021.
In the installer menu when installing and commissioning Powerwalls there is a update firmware option. Maybe your third-party didn’t run that when installing? Maybe you could ask them to come back and do it? Pretty much the only change was improved local security making it harder for someone to access the UI over the network if they also had physical access to the Powerwall.

In the installer menu when installing and commissioning Powerwalls there is a update firmware option. Maybe your third-party didn’t run that when installing? Maybe you could ask them to come back and do it? Pretty much the only change was improved local security making it harder for someone to access the UI over the network if they also had physical access to the Powerwall.
I assumed that it would update on its own. I have 2 PW which covers my peak starting load. I'll leave it as is and see if it eventually gets it. But as of now, it does what I want it to do.

I have seen it there but talking to tesla PW folks, got the impression they would push one if needed.

I'm also on 20.40.3. Funny thing is that the installer wizard says my firmware is up to date, even after I click a button to check for the latest version, even though I'm a couple versions behind.

Still on 20.49.0
C4724A9B-829B-4811-B743-67316A8914B0.jpeg

What is the “.3” that most have? I’m still “.0”
You are on 20.49.0, the second latest. The others are on 20.40.3, the third latest. Note the second number between the decimals is smaller in the one ending in .3 so it is older.
Tesla’s format changed end of 2020 so that the firmware version number is represented by the two-digit year (20), decimal point separator, week number of the build (49), decimal point separator, then version of the build presumably starting at zero and going up.

They dont update the powerwalls as fast, or as much as the cars (which isnt relevant to you, I am aware, lol). If you have a connection, they eventually update, but no idea on timing. I have had mine take months longer than when someone reports a firmware version, and they normally just say they add support in more countries.

You are on 20.49.0, the second latest. The others are on 20.40.3, the third latest. Note the second number between the decimals is smaller in the one ending in .3 so it is older.
Tesla’s format changed end of 2020 so that the firmware version number is represented by the two-digit year (20), decimal point separator, week number of the build (49), decimal point separator, then version of the build presumably starting at zero and going up.
Thanks. Didn’t notice the middle digit difference.