Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20.49.0 still installed

zanary

Jan 25, 2017
SF Bay Area (East Bay), CA
20.49 here. You only get the newer version if your setup need it. This isn't like the Tesla vehicles, where most of the fleet is required to be on a particular version. I've been this behavior sine 2017 with my first Powerwall install.

scotsmanswan

Apr 28, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Still on firmware 20.49. I have app version 3.10.12 (updated late May). I have a newer, but not newest, PW2 (manufactured mid 2020). I have non-Tesla solar and am not enrolled in Tesla energy plan or virtual power plant.

jhn_

Jan 21, 2021
Northeast United States
I'm still on 20.40.3. My system was installed via 3rd party mid March 2021.
In the installer menu when installing and commissioning Powerwalls there is a update firmware option. Maybe your third-party didn’t run that when installing? Maybe you could ask them to come back and do it? Pretty much the only change was improved local security making it harder for someone to access the UI over the network if they also had physical access to the Powerwall.

cparker85

Apr 6, 2021
Escondido, CA
In the installer menu when installing and commissioning Powerwalls there is a update firmware option. Maybe your third-party didn’t run that when installing? Maybe you could ask them to come back and do it? Pretty much the only change was improved local security making it harder for someone to access the UI over the network if they also had physical access to the Powerwall.
I assumed that it would update on its own. I have 2 PW which covers my peak starting load. I'll leave it as is and see if it eventually gets it. But as of now, it does what I want it to do.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
I have seen it there but talking to tesla PW folks, got the impression they would push one if needed.

SolarGardener

May 19, 2021
Dallas, TX
I'm also on 20.40.3. Funny thing is that the installer wizard says my firmware is up to date, even after I click a button to check for the latest version, even though I'm a couple versions behind.

Mar 15, 2021
California
Still on 20.49.0
C4724A9B-829B-4811-B743-67316A8914B0.jpeg

jhn_

Jan 21, 2021
Northeast United States
What is the “.3” that most have? I’m still “.0”
You are on 20.49.0, the second latest. The others are on 20.40.3, the third latest. Note the second number between the decimals is smaller in the one ending in .3 so it is older.
Tesla’s format changed end of 2020 so that the firmware version number is represented by the two-digit year (20), decimal point separator, week number of the build (49), decimal point separator, then version of the build presumably starting at zero and going up.

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
They dont update the powerwalls as fast, or as much as the cars (which isnt relevant to you, I am aware, lol). If you have a connection, they eventually update, but no idea on timing. I have had mine take months longer than when someone reports a firmware version, and they normally just say they add support in more countries.

Mar 15, 2021
California
You are on 20.49.0, the second latest. The others are on 20.40.3, the third latest. Note the second number between the decimals is smaller in the one ending in .3 so it is older.
Tesla’s format changed end of 2020 so that the firmware version number is represented by the two-digit year (20), decimal point separator, week number of the build (49), decimal point separator, then version of the build presumably starting at zero and going up.
Thanks. Didn’t notice the middle digit difference.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC