TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

20% charging power reduction - fixed??!!! :)

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SabrToothSqrl, Mar 9, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, either my last firmware update made the car less sensitive, or PP&L finally fixed something.

Fingers crossed, but in the past few weeks I haven't had to manually reset the car to 40 amps anywhere from once to SEVERAL times a night.

With two electricians signing off on my house side, and PP&L claiming 'it's all good'... I don't know what changed, and hope to not jinx myself, but I've charged at a solid 40 amps every night now for a while :)

So... yea... yay!

2. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Mine has not done it either with the 7.1 FW.

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

I'd like to chime in that mine was doing it constantly, like every other night, up until about 2 weeks ago. Then I traded it in and the new one has not done it a single time since. The new car is on the latest firmware.

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

i tried everything to fix mine... calling Tesla, checking wiring, not running the heat pump or dryer, etc etc.

couldn't find any actual issues...

thankfully it seems to be holding 40 amps now :)